Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even back in classic shaman were scared of not having enough faction. Yes you should have enough faction just completing the quest as is, but most shaman would do 5X woe+envy turns in to make sure since you get message faction cannot go any higher.
Those Shamans did the woe/envy turn ins to skip the annoying parts of the epic. Woe/envy was chosen on live because it was much more difficult to obtain the com pages than on P99 (courier should be much rarer).
Old 12-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just wanted to post this - I was apprehensive to Truespirit when i started, got the spirit charmed, did the Bondl turn in and when I went back down to the spirit in Rathe Mountains I was still apprehensive. Got him charmed again, did Bondl, still apprehensive. So I stopped trying til I found out of things were going to be fixed. In my mind I just wasn't actually gaining faction with the turn ins, just the message saying I was, but who knows..

Anyways - I went down today, killed Bindle, spirit popped, and I am indifferent! So my thought is that the latest patch somehow fixed my faction, or the faction raises i did actually got applied. I did the Bondl turn in again just to be sure and I was able to do the Woe/Envy/Marr turn in as well and I got my shield! Now to try and get the black fur booties....
Old 12-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purifyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to post this - I was apprehensive to Truespirit when i started, got the spirit charmed, did the Bondl turn in and when I went back down to the spirit in Rathe Mountains I was still apprehensive. Got him charmed again, did Bondl, still apprehensive. So I stopped trying til I found out of things were going to be fixed. In my mind I just wasn't actually gaining faction with the turn ins, just the message saying I was, but who knows..

Anyways - I went down today, killed Bindle, spirit popped, and I am indifferent! So my thought is that the latest patch somehow fixed my faction, or the faction raises i did actually got applied. I did the Bondl turn in again just to be sure and I was able to do the Woe/Envy/Marr turn in as well and I got my shield! Now to try and get the black fur booties....
Yeah they fixed shaman faction with latest patch. FYI, you do not get faction for doing turn ins when a mob is charmed.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yea you just had to charm them to say the text trigger to get a Gem. Then the gem was turned in to a non-charmed Bondl.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

yeah Bondl was never charmed so those previous faction raises should have worked - I should have added that I read that the latest patch fixed the faction but I think it was only for newly created shamans, but in my case it fixed for a pre-existing shaman. Either way I'm happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i didnt repeat anything on live and had no issue.
Same memory here. I did all steps exactly once, skipped nothing, never had to have something charmed - and got my spear.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same memory here. I did all steps exactly once, skipped nothing, never had to have something charmed - and got my spear.
This is how it should be working now.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Ok, I don't know what is up with the faction on this quest. I have never done it before so I will just list what steps I have done/repeated and maybe someone can chime in, because I think I've done way too much and still am not maxed.

First I did the quest in order:

Bondl x1
Erud's Crossing x1
Wandering Spirit x1
Envy/Woe/Marr x1
Sparkling Gem x1

I stopped here to just start repeating, and get enough faction for some report turn ins as well. I did:

Bondl x5
Envy/Woe/Marr x15
Sparkling Gem x3
CoM Reports x2

It only took me those steps of the quest line, 3-4 Envy's and 2 CoM reports to get warmly. All the rest was turned in after I reached warmly and I'm still not maxed. But it's previous obvious something is weird faction wise with the Envy part, so maybe someone can look into that?

EDIT: Maxed it, 7 more Bondl turn ins, then 8th one couldn't get any better.
Last edited by Latege; 12-14-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Project Manager

I just went through this quest again to make sure..

indifferent
bondl gem
ooglyn gem
wandering spirit gem
wandering spirit shield
spirit sentinel gem
spirit sentinel pelt
spirit sentinel report
spirit sentinel books
high scale kirn icon
neh ashirr diary
lord rakashir tear
scale
couldn't get better

In order, only once, and received the spear.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Kirn is probably a lot of faction, and that's what people try to skip.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread