Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

I'll give you some constructive criticism. First of all, it would take all of 10 seconds to discover a new loot drop location. We have phones, message boards, IM, text messages, voice chat. It doesn't solve the problem of everyone knowing where everything is, it just causes a minor annoyance and delay.

Second, anybody who attempts to balance classes is going to bite off more than they can chew. As soon as one change is implemented, other classes would be bitching for changes to be made to their class. What about Rogues? What about Paladins? What about Bards? You can't please everyone, and if you try to the balance will get so FUBAR there will be no turning back.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Hi Yaeger. I think some of the comments by other posters are unwarranted and troll like in their response. Those posters do not represent this community.

Personally, I am in favor of:

* Make it so hybrids don't steal xp from groups.

I would implement this change now, as right now hybrids are not invited to groups because they steal xp from others. Verant eventually fixed this after I personally pestered them and raised awareness for over a year (I was the prerson that published the first test to prove that hybrids steal xp, so this is an issue close to my heart).

As for the changes you proposed of random loot, I'm not sure this affects your core concern. I'm not sure this would bring back the "magic". I can see it instead just being a frustrating experience for many players.

You also proposed class tweaks. This sounds tempting, but there are other great EMU servers where this is done. For example, there is the hidden forest . It has custom balanced classes. This might be a server that would be fun for you to explore!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Large Bat

Why don't we all just get together and take a selective amnesia drug and then play again. Obviously Rogean couldn't take the drug because someone has to tell us about the game and to play the game since we wouldn't remember it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread