Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: What expansion would you like p1999 to end at?
Velious, with a possible "Green99" 235 32.59%
Luclin 98 13.59%
Planes of Power 370 51.32%
Transfer your character to Daybreak progression server 18 2.50%
Voters: 721. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Large Rat

I was always a fan of of luclin and PoP raiding keying and flagging and AAs made it fun to keep grouping once you hit max level.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure Sirken mentioned that they would likely be doing custom content on a seperate server, where we could transfer our toons to. I don't recall any specific details, but I think custom AA's were mentioned, but I could be wrong. It was all in a podcast from like a year ago. This would be after Velious stales out. Personally though, I'm really looking forward to the recycle server.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned

Wow.. Poll actually shows higher numbers for PoP than Velious. Just goes to show you how much more vocal the anti luclin/PoP nerds are.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow.. Poll actually shows higher numbers for PoP than Velious. Just goes to show you how much more vocal the anti luclin/PoP nerds are.
Or maybe... That poll is actually representative of the actual population of this server...
Old 09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Sirken mentioned that they would likely be doing custom content on a seperate server, where we could transfer our toons to. I don't recall any specific details, but I think custom AA's were mentioned, but I could be wrong. It was all in a podcast from like a year ago. This would be after Velious stales out. Personally though, I'm really looking forward to the recycle server.
If they're going to open a new server it should be fresh. Let's not START OFF with a wrecked economy, it should be earned.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best thing about the game ending in Velious IMO, is that there is a certain feel to the game that ended in Luclin:

1) Traveling was still pretty hard at early levels (it isn't that hard when you're higher). I don't think porting is all that important for community...business interactions aren't the key to build communities IMO. But it does make the world feel a bit more real and midevil.

2) Smaller gap between end game characters and newer characters. With AA's and Luclin loot, more established players were MUCH more powerful than anyone relatively new to the game. This is when it started to get hard to begin from scratch. By PoP, it was damn near impossible to start a warrior from scratch for example.

3) The "Cats on the moon" complaint is based in the fact that the traditional dungeons and dragons style high fantasy motif started to be eroded. Things were more "game like" as far as style goes starting in Luclin.

Besides the "feel of the game" however, the game play was simply more balanced and superrior in Luclin/PoP IMO. It is great to have the opportunity to level in Original/Kunark/Velious and slowly get some classic raid gear. But after you do this....I think it is normal to want a little more to do on your main character. This isn't a hardcore minority on this server, a lot of people are in this position.
Seriously couldn't be said any better.

I think the 'magic' so to speak of EQ was found in the classic through velious expansions. Once luclin hit it started to change with the bazaar and cats on the moon and how it felt "distant" from the previous expansions. POP carried this feeling with the port books making all those on foot adventures I'd have in between slaying monsters completely disappear. Luclin/PoP killed EQ for me as a whole but I have to agree that it was when the game play itself became refined and all classes felt useful to some extent. Even rangers! (AM3/EQ aa's ftw)

but to answer the actual question....I think p99 should end at velious but perhaps with some custom content created in the spirit of the original game +2expansions possibly utilizing zones from future expansions.

*Blue Server*
Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)
*PQ*
Kelliam Shadowscale (57 Iksar Necromancer)

Old 09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they're going to open a new server it should be fresh. Let's not START OFF with a wrecked economy, it should be earned.
Well, that is what the Recycle (aka Green) server is for. So there would potentially be 4 srvers going. 5 if they do a PvP teams server and keep red up.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:42 AM
Kobold

Luclin 2020, don't you dudes want to go to freakin outer space or what?!?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

PoP FTW
Old 09-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
personally i would enjoy the content of luclin without things like the nexus, the bazaar, and AAs

which basically just means any additional custom content after velious would be cool
/agree
tbh add in everything but the damn moon
add bazaar ZL to ec/freeport
and scarlet desert zl at invis wall in oasis
make vah shir start in kerra isle maybe?
add fungus grove somewhere on gfay

fuck the rest of that damn moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread