Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 01:29 AM
Large Bat

PoP!

I really love the idea of enabling the Luclin/PoP content with some restrictions.

IMO PoP endgame has never been matched by any MMO I've played. FLAG HYPE.

Also the AA system is such a nice thing to continue progressing your character after max.

Loved getting to a point where you can solely focusing on them and getting to better planes to get dope XP. The huge XP gains in 90%-100% AA.... gasm.

When I heard about how the raiding works on p99 (tbh doesn't feel that bad atm) and how salty a lot of veterans are about it, my first reaction was, wish AAs were enabled. I'm sure a lot feel the same way.

Make P99 Green PoP!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:43 AM
Banned

I'd welcome xpacs
Old 09-24-2016, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

No xpacs ever on P99 blue or red.

Velious is the pinnacle of Everquest. Luclin trivialized previous content tremendously and added the alley cats and non lore/fantasy theme fitting zones/gfx/mobs etc.

Oh yeah, and VT and new models.

Terrible xpac.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:51 AM
VIP / Contributor

I would add PoP with Luclin-Era stats, and...

I'd like to see Battlegrounds or Arenas from WoW as a mini-expansion on P99. That would be great instead of having a Red99 server. Let people opt-in to PvP, and excel at it in a controlled environment.

I would additionally add in focus effects that were added in Luclin.

Best expansion in EQ, hands down, though. Planes of Power's raid content is simply some of the best designed content. Focus effects breathe life into an otherwise dull itemization.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-24-2016, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would add PoP with Luclin-Era stats, and...

I'd like to see Battlegrounds or Arenas from WoW as a mini-expansion on P99. That would be great instead of having a Red99 server. Let people opt-in to PvP, and excel at it in a controlled environment.

I would additionally add in focus effects that were added in Luclin.

Best expansion in EQ, hands down, though. Planes of Power's raid content is simply some of the best designed content. Focus effects breathe life into an otherwise dull itemization.
When omens of war came out, it was tied to the discord server and the priests of discord. The entire story of the expansion made it sound like every zone in there was gonna be a pvp arena. Maybe OOW with pvp enabled?
Old 09-24-2016, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Actually maybe enabling Luclin on Red only would give some momentum to this otherwise dying server.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

^isnt dod the expansion where you just do instanced zones as mobs and get stupid raid gear as a reward?
Old 09-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^isnt dod the expansion where you just do instanced zones as mobs and get stupid raid gear as a reward?
Pretty much got elemental tier gear doing dod instanced zones. Which when it first came out were so easy people were making thousands of AA's to the point where they had to make it so you could only make 1 AA a mission and it was on a cooldown.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Large Rat

I really like EQ up to Ldon. So SOL with any other one would be nice.

Off topic:I think it would be cool to play on a modified server that is static at Ldon with all the POK portal stones to starting cities be disabled and no free ports between LDon camps. Keep the translocators to SOL at the wizards Spires open but bump them up to a hour between ports. This way the only way to POK is through the bazaar. This would give a ton of content and all the race/class combos minus the broken Drakin. (I dont remember when the Beserker comes in) This will never happen but if it did...I would play it
Last edited by Bebo; 09-24-2016 at 11:29 AM..
Old 09-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much got elemental tier gear doing dod instanced zones. Which when it first came out were so easy people were making thousands of AA's to the point where they had to make it so you could only make 1 AA a mission and it was on a cooldown.
im pretty sure that was 2-3 tiers higher than EP gear

my ranger was wearing mostly GoD/OOW armor and i gained about 3k raw hps in a couple days of that expansion duoing..
Closed Thread