Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

They know its a problem but nobody knows how to fix it, or they aren't willing too because they aren't playing melee.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

wonder if this is fixed sometime? its realy mana intensive to keep melee's up with that high max hit rates and no dodge and whatsoever ><

im a cleric and this feels all too fishy for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i have always been medding alot .. but i cant even stun or cast anything else since i need every last drop of mana to not let the melee's die ..
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I noticed something yesterday when playing but I don't know if it was coincidence or what.

I'm level 19, fighting in Mistmoore, and my dual wield/double attacks are few and far between. Although my DPS isn't as bad as it was before the fix, it wasn't happening often.

I ding 20, and my skills start to go over 100. I'm getting to 102/103/104 and my double attack/dual wield start going crazy. I'm literally smacking the mob 4 times every 30ish seconds when I had rarely seen it once a fight before hand.

I dunno if 100 skill is some "hump" or what, but I definitely noticed a difference.
I'd like to thank you for this post from a while ago Prez, it does seem that if there is an actual "hump", it validates the points in my thread... You are actually responsible for the post that might just prove it, and get it looked at and fixed afterall.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Interesting thread. I never noticed it months back when it was active.

Is this still bugged? I never played a melee in classic, and am trying one here. Were the above problems patched at some point or has there been any change?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Aviak

Dunno if the getting hit part is, I never really paid that much attention to it, but I know the hitting part isnt what I remember it being. Watch it though, if you post about not being able to hit thing, you'll be accused of "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" and the like.. Apparently some people feel that the skill hump was a "classic" feature...
Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Yeah, most of the melee issues have been resolved. This thread dates back to almost release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, most of the melee issues have been resolved. This thread dates back to almost release.
Cool, thanks. Having a blast with my ugly SK troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of curiosity, was it agreed upon by the dev team that a skill "hump" in melee skills near the 100 point (Level 20) mark was a feature of classic?

(Sigh, lets see if the flamers follow me here too...)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of curiosity, was it agreed upon by the dev team that a skill "hump" in melee skills near the 100 point (Level 20) mark was a feature of classic?

I find it funny that you have continually flamed me and challenged my intelligence but now you take my post as fact that there is a "hump."
Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your question in this thread was well phrased and it didn't look like a 6 year old playing an Ad-Lib, why would I flame?
Closed Thread