Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Aviak

Im generally quite sceptic towards custom content, but I think some slightly modified content from later expansions that maintains the spirit of classic could be implemented.

Like Jaggedpine Forest for example.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic. Hope none of this happens.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Ive never been in sleepers tomb. Is there obvious lore that states killing the warders wakes The Sleeper, and they'll never spawn again. How did the original settlers know?
Old 08-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never been in sleepers tomb. Is there obvious lore that states killing the warders wakes The Sleeper, and they'll never spawn again. How did the original settlers know?
I don't have the text but Im fairly certain they all give pretty stern warnings about it as their aggro messages / death messages
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Kobold

keyrings, summoned pets that zone and always symmon at max level.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resetting sleeper + SOME FORM of AA's would be really cool.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I don't really matter, but I've always found this argument kind of lazy and unpersuasive. A museum isn't a time machine! No museum to Roman history ever said "Well some things are forever beyond historical evidence, so now we can't ever get it 100% right. Let's just add some 'Roman-themed' things that didn't actually exist in Roman times to attract and retain visitors!"

That'd be on-its-face bananas. You refine, cool! You reinterpret, okay! You sort the historical evidence out as best as you can, but for sure you don't throw up your hands and go "screw it, let's just add some steam engines to attract the youngins"; at the very least, you have then stopped running any kind of history museum and started running a history-themed amusement part. That's a very significant project re-scope.

Stay strong nilbog, I'm a belieber. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, I hate to break it to you, but actual museums aren't designed for MMOGs, or computer games at all for that matter. Trying to make arguments about real world museums, Romans, and steam engines is just silly: if anything your argument is analogous for why we shouldn't add DaoC zones to P99.

Look, classic EverQuest was a game that ran for about two years. That means that any sort of "museum" for it would have to let people play that game, as closely as possible to how it was played in 1999, for about two years (followed by a reset and possibly a migration to Blue, followed by another two years, followed by ...).

Now no one will ever be able to experience the classic environment, in terms of player knowledge. That ship has sailed, and there's no way to put OT Mallets and item recharging "back in the bottle". But Green will be 100% classic rules, classic timeline, classic mob placement, etc. That's as close to a "museum piece" of two years of a MMOG's life as you are can possibly get.

Meanwhile, Blue has nothing to do with any of that. Blue is a Frankenstein's monster created as a byproduct of making Green, and it only seems classic to us now because we don't have the real thing to compare it to. Once we do (ie. post-Green) Blue will seen for what it is: just another non-classic EverQuest server.

The fact that you started playing on a beta server, and now your character happens to live on Blue and you don't want to change servers, won't change the basic fact that Blue isn't and never will be classic. And adding/not adding custom content won't change that either.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-01-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Banned

yeah lets add custom bullshit to a classic EverQuest project

sounds legit
Old 08-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

WTB P99 Green WTT everything I own.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic. Hope none of this happens.
Closed Thread