Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quit my shaman because i got tired of the endless cannibalizing. I think after the bard, shaman is next in line for cramping the wrists. Even with a macro it waa so unbelievably tedious.
I prefer the Necro's lich style more.

Sure, you can accidentally kill yourself if you leave it on but it's much easier on the fingers and you can heal yourself while doing damage too.

It's just a better system imo.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

I like canniing on my shaman. watching iksar bp + troll regen tick up while my mana ticks up gives me a weird warm feeling in my lower gut area that is only matched by the uncomfortableness of people healing me or i am fm/fhp
Old 10-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

What do you think is the most boring and painful class to level? What class is most boring end game? Personally I could never get into playing a cleric. What y'all think?
I don't believe you can answer both questions with one class as those concepts are mutually exclusive in the classic era. The most fun classes to level are typically the most boring end game and vice versa. It also doesn't help that classic raid content is just extremely mundane.

Most boring class to level: Rogue
Most boring class to raid: Enchanter
Old 10-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Orc

For me the most boring is cleric. Especially with lazy ass pullers.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Economics
Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the lack of responsibility is a huge win for rogue, I agree, but our actual responsibilities were pretty fun.

Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis. I used to be very bad at navigating 3D environments in EQ and not knowing where you’re going was a death sentence in dungeons. I... never knew where I was going. It’d always take me multiple trips to a zone to begin to get it, so perma invis to practically everything was of utmost importance to spatially challenged me, and I also got to take my time and explore everything without being in a rush.

I also love the invisibility because it lets me occasionally play hero and drag my or someone else’s group out of the depths of some horrible place. It’s less fun when it’s on your shoulders to solo / duo drag 30+ people across a zone, but I was good at organizing those so it wasn’t too terrible the many times I had to do that in Hate and Sky and VP. Finding lost corpses in fear which are legally prohibited from giving you a loc was fun game for me.

Always liked lockpicking and pickpocketing hill giants on live was a hoot. Trying to solo on the class everyone says you can’t solo on... and the massive backstabs. Topping the dps charts thanks to my many shaman friends over the years. Yeah, rogue was ok.
I first made my rogue just so I could explore all the dungeons I hadnt seen yet. Then I found out it was fun to level. Even soloing as rogue is fun, because of limitations, and what clickies you can get. Pick Pocket and Lock also cool abilities, just wish I could use them more. 60 Rogs should all be pick pocketing all the time. Just be group leader then no-one can kick u if u get caught. Some traps to disarm would be nice too.
I still have my lvl 20 Rodcet Nife worshipping human rogue with mrylo pants, maybe he'll get on the grind this winter. If I could grind one more 60 its gotta be another rog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer the Necro's lich style more.

Sure, you can accidentally kill yourself if you leave it on but it's much easier on the fingers and you can heal yourself while doing damage too.

It's just a better system imo.
Yup.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman still dominate necros when it comes to end game ability.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After a 200k investment and level 60.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by end game you mean soloing yea. But where it comes to end game raiding, necros and shamans fulfill very different roles and aren't comparable at all.
Closed Thread