View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the proposed resist system changes
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
so now it's outdoors 1v1s that are the problem? I thought it was the 5v1s where everyone spammed root?
These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote:

all there is, is MASSIVE exaggeration about how much root actually lands and some dumb theorycrafting about how that will affect pvp, when pvp is in fact fine.

(or as fine as shitty EQ pvp can be)
Except it's not. It's not "better balanced" than classic was, and only 20% of people who voted in the poll favor it.

I agree this is being exaggerated, though. Quirks in the resist system didn't stop me from playing here. Most people would just deal with it / avoid playing the classes which are adversely affected by it.

Bigger population-stifling problem == 1-50 game being devoid of player interaction. This server is a really hard sell on casuals. It has its core hardcore contingent though, so whatever.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned

if this was such a broken mechanic why have only 14 voted? i think people are hesitant to commit towards easier cc immunity because this change will benefit Nihilum more than anyone. all those melees with CoF and other best in slot gonna roll around like John Rambo being cc immune with LITTLE sacrifice to dps/hps. tbh i would love to see the system reverted to said changes and watch what happens to pvp or the server population for that matter.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-12-2012 at 01:28 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
notice Destin remains quiet when valid points are brought up. well at least it shut him up.
At this point, I'm almost certain you are presently high on crack. What more is there to say?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Sam I don't think it would do anything for server population.

Start a new character and you'll see why server population is what it is.

Overthere on TZ was 90 people in the zone. Overthere here is 2 people in the zone. EQ's pve was centered around grouping with other players, its economy based around lots of players being in one zone, and its pvp dependent on being able to actually find other players to attack.

/guildwar on blue would be more classic red than this box is
Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats the problem, you have no understanding of whats classic, or how well it was balanced. The people that made EQ were tweaking Rallos zek and the resist tables from beta. It wasn't the afterthought people like to pretend it was so they can still maintain their hardcore badass image while hiding on blue servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your bitterness, envy and passive aggression build with every post.

Likening things that were removed or nerfed (because of imbalance) to things that worked in classic EQ, like resists, is flawed logic.
Sam been down for the count since this...

now he just keeps popping at his bind here attacking me tho I'm trying to let him LNS.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
At this point, I'm almost certain you are presently high on crack. What more is there to say?
yup avoids responding to valid points

- you claim balance was obtained during classic era but suggest we use lucy spell data from 2002 post luclin. you also mean to tell me that meta game today is the same it was 13 years ago. there is no way the devs 13 years ago balanced resists around what the current population knows, especially when one guild went uncontested for MONTHS.

- ive been in zero mass pvp battles where root tilted the battle one way or the other.

- ive seen zero proof of you 171 mr claims to being first casted consistently. I have however seen ss and empirical data suggesting otherwise.

and now Destin will begin zone hopping.

EDIT: i think you might be confused on how balance for resists might be obtained. surely the availability of mr gear for the average player was considered. do you at least agree with that logic? or do you think the numbers were completely made up on the spot?
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-12-2012 at 01:41 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Every single argument you make is putting words in my mouth or embellishing on what I say. I never once said shit about Lucy, though I'd take anything closer to classic than the present system. Do a search, lucy was never said in any post I've made.

You're lying, you rooted me and nizzar in the same fight, with your bat spam stunning nizzar preventing him to pumice. Also forced me to wand myself (and your pet after) to survive. Stop lying.

I never ever said root lands consistently at 171mr. I said there a problem with resists, and it seems to be worst with first casts. I've been rooted dozens of times first try with 110+ mr, with as HIGH as 171mr.

You mention Hughman, and never rooting him. Talked to him a week ago. Says when he returned few weeks ago, he was still getting rooted with his mr (which was highest on server). Guess what, he hasn't logged on since we had that conversation...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all those melees with CoF and other best in slot gonna roll around like John Rambo being cc immune with LITTLE sacrifice to dps/hps.
A Monk has to sacrifice virtually all +HP items just to get 120 MR. I usually had less HPs in my resist gear than shamans did.

My PoP-era monk was only running around with 145. Check it http://eq.magelo.com/profile/378704

The classic system would be better for new players competing against Nihilum and going into outnumbered situations. That goes without saying. Root landing means you're dead game over in anything but a 1v1.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Banned

1. you voted yes to the proposed 2002 lucy changes, i assumed you voted yes because you were in favor of them.

2. that situation was different, I had a hasted/buffed pet and was completely out numbered. my game plan was to run around and divide you up while pet did some work. I dont think I used one nuke that whole battle because I was prepare to re-charm. more than half the battle i was just running around avoiding Nihilum casters until I was finally rooted at the spot in my SS. you never wanded my pet unless you did it after I died because it was still charmed as Northwest or some shammy killed me.

3. again you claim this and that but provide no proof other than 2 incomplete logs that fail to show level range and your MR. If you CAN roll with 171 mr then do so and root will no longer be a problem.

4. to be fair ive only attempted to root hughman when i was in my 30s/low 40s. i dunno I guess Tehruoh has some hacks because im not sure if hes ever been rooted.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Banned

DESTIN: i think you might be confused on how balance for resists might be obtained. surely the availability of mr gear for the average player was considered. do you at least agree with that logic? or do you think the numbers were completely made up on the spot?

what factors do you think went into balancing the resist system 13 years ago?
Closed Thread