Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Tenebrous Mountains.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tenebrous Mountains.
DAL! Give me a fix. Post a pic for me. OH PLEASE! And, go to the top where the ...last named spawns.

Those drains are brutal. My epic pet could do it though. And, thanks.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best server if you wanna play where staff is also shit. Sure.
huh? the staff is shit?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Just popped into the PoS thread on daybreak progression forums. Looks like no progress has been made. It's going to be a fun first two weeks for AoS, OGC, EoE, and maybe one of the euro guilds? I can't wait to see that drama.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoY is bundled with PoP for 3 months. LDoN gets 3 months after that before GoD. Essentially 6 months of PoP raiding. It'll be a little long but if there was 1 expansion that I'd be okay with spending extra time in it's probably PoP. GoD/OoW are both great expansions too and worth waiting for imo.
GoD and OoW are both shit and mostly responsible for killing EQ in the first place. It's no coincidence every progression server so far has taken a massive dump in population when those come out and this time will be no different.

Daybreak has already basically acknowledged that this will happen again with their musing on releasing a new progression server later on in the year. They know what happened before and what will happen again and want to keep the numerous people who will otherwise quit when GoD comes out still playing.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Nevermind Daldaen. I got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09FdTNomI4
Old 01-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Kobold

GoD was released nearly a year before WoW was (early feb vs late nov 2004). EQ population was in freefall from that moment on. It was a colossal disaster even the devs acknowledged at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smed
SOE's President, John Smedley, was quoted as saying that Gates of Discord was the company's "worst mistake in five years."
Old 01-18-2017, 06:46 PM
Kobold

All I see are excuses. Same as when the exact same thing happened on the other progression servers. What will the excuse be when the population collapses this time, I wonder? Too many loot councils not enough DKP?
Old 01-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think WoW beta was going on. The full game didn't release til later in the year. But anyone that was playing EQ at the time knows that WoW was slowly chipping away at their guilds over time. Everyone didn't leave all at the same time they slowly got pulled away by friends playing WoW talking them into it. That's how I ended up switching to WoW. I didn't switch to WoW til like early 2006 tho.
This a super good point. EQ and EQ2 were both WAY better games than wow. It's just all the gay sheeple got all heated up over a brand name mmo

#booblizzard
#blizzardisbaad
#blizzardsucksalot
Old 01-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Well, Vulak had zero, Fippy had one. Instances will keep Phinny going longer, but no one is nostalgic for the shit that was GoD and OoW. Without the new blood coming in, guilds will slowly die out.

Revisit me when DoN releases and we'll see what excuses you are running then. I'm sure you'll find something to blame.
Closed Thread