Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Aviak

Well I must of been thinking of Sarella. Maybe we will see some of her if we get a glimpse of Samwell in the next book.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

some Sarella theories you say,

It is widely believed that Sarella Sand is in disguise in Oldtown as the novice Alleras, studying for a maester's chain. The name Alleras is Sarella backwards, and Alleras ("the Sphinx") bears a resemblance to Oberyn Martell. Furthermore, disguising herself as a man to learn the secrets of the maesters would be in keeping with what is known of Sarella's character.

Quote:
Supporting Evidence
  • Alleras is Sarella spelled backwards.
  • Both claim to have a Summer Island trader for a mother.
  • Both claim to have a Dornishman for a father.
  • Alleras has similar features to Oberyn Martell (black hair in a widow's peak, black eyes).
  • Alleras says:"I am no lord's son."
  • It is stated that Sarella loves Oldtown.
  • Sarella has a reputation for insatiable curiosity and "pushing in where she [didn’t] belong".
  • Alleras' remarkable skill with a bow is consistent the knowledge that Oberyn trained all of his daughters with weapons.
  • When Doran Martell rounds up the Sand Snakes to keep them from pursuing revenge for their father, Sarella is already out of Doran's sphere of influence and he does not send men to pursue her.
  • Samwell Tarly was told by Maester Aemon that "The Sphinx is the riddle, not the riddler."
  • Alleras is described as a slim, slight, comely youth with slim arms and shoulders, which is how a woman disguised as a young man would appear.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

speaking of theories, heres the best thread ive seen supporting that Sandor is still alive on the quiet isle

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...7#entry2907537

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speaking of theories, heres the best thread ive seen supporting that Sandor is still alive on the quiet isle

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...7#entry2907537
It definitely seems like it if you read that section looking for the clues.

The priest lies about as well as a cheating husband confronted by an angry wife.

The Hound? Why do you ask? Don't be ridiculous! Oh yeah I remember..he's dead. Tried to help him though. I know I said I had awesome healing skills but...just didn't work out that time. Don't mind that cripple digging graves.

Also, I'm definitely buying that Alleras is Sarella but eager to see the significance (if any) that comes from her interactions with Sam while studying. I'm assuming that she signed up for the lessons since her father had forged a couple links of a chain there.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm hope this isn't out of place, but for anyone who plays warband (maybe some more will now =D) some people just released a Clash of Kings mod. Looks pretty sweet...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iron Throne

Tower of Joy

Starks v. Lannisters
Old 01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Sometimes I wonder if Martin ever sets up deliberate trolls because he knows his fandom is suicide level immersed with their tinfoil conspiracies...
But ya. Sarella is clearly Alleras.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I wonder if Martin ever sets up deliberate trolls because he knows his fandom is suicide level immersed with their tinfoil conspiracies...
oh u mean like robb whole story? or Oberyn? or baby Aegons head being smashed in? or Dany getting to westeros? got fucking trolled by GRRM on all of those.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Def. a series that requires multiple reads imo.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def. a series that requires multiple reads imo.
This. Going through the series knowing what is to come makes a ton of details more pertinent.

Also

Quote:
The Hound? Why do you ask? Don't be ridiculous! Oh yeah I remember..he's dead. Tried to help him though. I know I said I had awesome healing skills but...just didn't work out that time. Don't mind that cripple digging graves.
Sandor lives for sure. Whether or not he'll at some point go smash his undead brother in the face is the question.
<Asgard>
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sandor lives for sure. Whether or not he'll at some point go smash his undead brother in the face is the question.
so.. gregors head is shipped to dorne, which means he cant technically smash his undead brother in his face.

but that being said you touched on a pretty awesome theory .. we've never seen Robb Starks head, we only know that Joffrey requests it be sent to Kings Landing after the red wedding and before the purple wedding.

sooo.. we have Ser Robert Strong. if u google a german to english translator, you can see that Stark translates to Strong. and we havent seen Robb Starks head since the red wedding... and we havent ever seen Robert Strongs face/head

i think you can see where im going with this. what do u think? Robert Strong = undead Gregor with Robbs head crudely stitched on for a head

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread