Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

The ballot boxes are going to punish them hard when it comes to an election, its only because people can't afford to get on the streets and protest that they've gotten away with it in my view...and most people I know on Facebook.

Boris Johnson has screwed up though, he's still angled for a deal... which doesn't give us a clean break from the justice system or out of touch human right laws which protect every illegal migrant (whether they're actual refugees, which we should have a partial duty to, or people just wanting to make some money by sneaking in on trucks etc).

Also, definitely don't read BBC News if you want a balanced opinion on it <3
Old 10-30-2019, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

He is making exactly the same plays as May.

Use the threat of 'No Deal' to push through a deal, hold a general election to try create a parliament that will support the deal.

Obviously triggering article 50 and holding a general election didn't help TM, she just got hit with extensions, she got hit with leavers being too fussy which let remainers quash any deal put to vote.

We'll see if things play out differently for BJ.

I honestly believe JC could have had last election if he campaigned honestly based on two facts: 1) he is a lifetime eurosceptic so leavers could trust him to leave and 2) as a Labour leader he could be trusted to represent the people; protecting rights they had gained from Europe which would likely be stripped under a Conservative party Brexit, which would go some way to allaying remainer Brexit fears.

The fact he didn't campaign for this People's Brexit (instead of the disaster capitalists one we've been facing down) proves to me he has no intention of being PM and simply prefers the role of leader of the opposition.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll be amazed if anything happens short of a bloody revolt. I don’t think the remain side kicks and screams this much to give it up now. My intuition about this situation, just watching the way politicians are talking and dealing with this is, Brexit will never happen. It will always be a one step forward one step back thing. Which is very sad if elites go this way to stop an initiative that was voted by the people.
Second referendum. All the evidence points to mass cheating. Even those that worked on the leave campaign came out as whistle blowers. It was all about US and Russian interests taking out their main competitor, the EU, and ripping the UK away and putting it into a state of vassalage to the US.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it a defeat for Corbyn if he made the Labour party vote for it?
Half the Labour party rebelled against Corbyn and didn't vote for the general election yesterday. It's a defeat because he was forced into making an embarassing u-turn by other parties - the LibDems and SNP.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Farage to Johnson: join forces or Brexit party will contest every seat.

Nigel Farage has launched his general election campaign by saying his Brexit party will contest every seat in the country unless Boris Johnson agrees to drop his deal with the E.U. and sign up to a “leave alliance.” The former UKIP leader also praised the U.S. president, Donald Trump, for his intervention in which he suggested the prime minister and the Brexit party should form a partnership.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

The front page of today’s issue of the Telegraph: ‘Jews will leave if Corbyn wins.’
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EIZifaxXYAEc1SL.jpg (20.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The front page of today’s issue of the Telegraph: ‘Jews will leave if Corbyn wins.’
I agree, they probably will, along with anyone who is young, intelligent and healthy if they have any sense.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, they probably will, along with anyone who is young, intelligent and healthy if they have any sense.
I'm sure every Jew in the U.K. will emigrate if someone other than a Tory wins, that seems like a prediction a person who isn't crazy would make.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

You're not talking about a very big community outside of a couple of cities. How that made headlines I'm not sure.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not talking about a very big community outside of a couple of cities. How that made headlines I'm not sure.
It's just fear mongering to try and drum up some votes for Boris.
Closed Thread