Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-15-2023, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont know how this thread got to 62 pages w/ ppl busting out the source code to prove that having more strength will make u hit harder.
Unfortunately posters like Troxx are known trolls, who bloat threads for no reason other than self gratification.

It is a well established pattern by now. Does it help anyone? No, but he doesn't care. The other trolls don't care either.

The only thing I can do is drown their misinformation in facts.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

I stacked strength gear towards the end when leveling my SK. Since I mostly fear kited, I found by spending less time killing each mob, I spent less mana per mob by nature of not needing an extra fear or two. It was a solid efficiency boost. Hybrids historically got kinda boned with accuracy, so the higher ATK doubly helped, though theoretically now SKs should be better in that regard. Nonetheless, STR is very underrated for leveling indeed.

Personally, I think I'd probably dump at least some in STA, given how low Iksar STA is. If OP wasn't a twink, STR would be the move. If you plan on going for BiS INT is a good choice, but that's a pretty big if.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

If 5% dps doesn't matter for solo, then it doesn't matter in a group (ever had a mob gate on you at less than 5%?), and it certainly doesn't matter in a raid (ever seen sub 5% AoW wipes?).

Get what I'm gettin at yet, DSM?

5% dps is MASSIVE compared to 20 INT lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Move this to resolved. The correct answer in this situation is str.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-16-2023, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If 5% dps doesn't matter for solo, then it doesn't matter in a group (ever had a mob gate on you at less than 5%?), and it certainly doesn't matter in a raid (ever seen sub 5% AoW wipes?).

I think you may have forgotten we are talking about SKs.

SKs don't need to worry about gating mobs, they have fear and snare. This can be used in both solo and group scenarios. Both of these spells use mana (INT), and Iksars do not have access to Blood Ember Clickies. Preventing a mob from gating completely is much more effective than slightly faster kill speeds. If you are doing a solo challenge mob that is immune to fear, that is one of the situations where the INT comes in handy! You are going to be using your full mana bar for that kind of fight, including the +20 INT from starting stats.

In a raid you have full access to buffs, which means you are STR capped anyway. You are getting +135 STR from Maniacal Strength and Focus of Spirit, which means you only need 120 STR before buffs. You simply need +40 STR from your gear on an Iksar SK if you put your starting stats into INT. I would be amazed if a level 60 melee class had less than +40 STR from gear. Please do not try and use the argument that asking for Maniacal strength is some kind of burden on Shamans lol. I have raid buffed for years, and never had an issue with buffing people with DEX and STR in addition to FoS and STA.

You are massively overestimating the small benefits you are getting from +20 STR via starting stats. Please stop telling people they are getting massive gains. This is simply false. I have provided plenty of counter evidence thus far, which you have yet to refute.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-16-2023 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-16-2023, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

My only experience is vs Vox. More broadly is the typical group composition and role of raiding SK?

How would the buff window look?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-16-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only experience is vs Vox. More broadly is the typical group composition and role of raiding SK?

How would the buff window look?
Sorry, I am not 100% sure what you are asking. Can you clarify?
Old 08-16-2023, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Move this to resolved. The correct answer in this situation is str.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

As per usual, Toxigen is unable to counter simple points. I am sorry, but proclaiming you are correct without reason is not a valid debate strategy. It is just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you may have forgotten we are talking about SKs.

SKs don't need to worry about gating mobs, they have fear and snare. This can be used in both solo and group scenarios. Both of these spells use mana (INT), and Iksars do not have access to Blood Ember Clickies. Preventing a mob from gating completely is much more effective than slightly faster kill speeds. If you are doing a solo challenge mob that is immune to fear, that is one of the situations where the INT comes in handy! You are going to be using your full mana bar for that kind of fight, including the +20 INT from starting stats.

In a raid you have full access to buffs, which means you are STR capped anyway. You are getting +135 STR from Maniacal Strength and Focus of Spirit, which means you only need 120 STR before buffs. You simply need +40 STR from your gear on an Iksar SK if you put your starting stats into INT. I would be amazed if a level 60 melee class had less than +40 STR from gear. Please do not try and use the argument that asking for Maniacal strength is some kind of burden on Shamans lol. I have raid buffed for years, and never had an issue with buffing people with DEX and STR in addition to FoS and STA.

You are massively overestimating the small benefits you are getting from +20 STR via starting stats. Please stop telling people they are getting massive gains. This is simply false. I have provided plenty of counter evidence thus far, which you have yet to refute.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I am not 100% sure what you are asking. Can you clarify?
Apart from ME/FoS what would a sk be wearing in buff window for typical raids. Will slots be left open for hot/bard/etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung