Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

there's so much (((revisionism))) of the history of slavery being taught in the Little Red Schoolhouse that the average american's mind is so warped.

if you go to wikipedia right now, to the article on the atlantic slave trade, there's quite literally a list of slave ships with every single jewish owned slave ship edited out. you'll find the same in most history books written after WWII. if you read any book on the topic from before, you'll see those included.

portugal and brazil dominated the atlantic slave trade until around 1700, at which time the dutch dominated the trade. (((coincidentally))) that's around the time the inquisition really ramped up and the last of the jewish merchants fled portugal and spain for the netherlands, and a bit later portugal retook brazil and expelled the jews from there (most went to Surinam and later Curaco)

later on the brits did claim and enforce a monopoly over the slave trade to its own colonies, however the americas were only one of many consumers and this was only shortly before the americas outlawed slavery.

but of course you're not allowed to say these things because it involves a group of people you're not allowed to criticize ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2017, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's so much (((revisionism))) of the history of slavery being taught in the Little Red Schoolhouse that the average american's mind is so warped.

if you go to wikipedia right now, to the article on the atlantic slave trade, there's quite literally a list of slave ships with every single jewish owned slave ship edited out. you'll find the same in most history books written after WWII. if you read any book on the topic from before, you'll see those included.

portugal and brazil dominated the atlantic slave trade until around 1700, at which time the dutch dominated the trade. (((coincidentally))) that's around the time the inquisition really ramped up and the last of the jewish merchants fled portugal and spain for the netherlands, and a bit later portugal retook brazil and expelled the jews from there (most went to Surinam and later Curaco)

later on the brits did claim and enforce a monopoly over the slave trade to its own colonies, however the americas were only one of many consumers and this was only shortly before the americas outlawed slavery.

but of course you're not allowed to say these things because it involves a group of people you're not allowed to criticize ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in that the Ottoman Empire took white Christian slaves (Slavic ones) from around modern day Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia who served as janissaries.

Barbary pirates enslaving Europeans before all of what's been mentioned.

The history of slavery is quite complex and of course, still exists in parts of the world. Nobody is jumping up and down trying to end that though, right? I'd expect African Americans to be all over trying to free child labor slaves, or the Chinese on cheap wages who make iPhones for the west.

Easier to blame whitey though, while buying 10 pairs of slave created sneakers (yes I know I'm generalizing)
Old 09-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An article that points out that the college is system is mostly their to re-enforce inequality:

https://www.politico.com/interactive...investigation/

We're basically living in a cast system at this point as Mic admits. Your born into a certain caste and only with hard work can you hope your kid goes a caste up.
dunks

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

double dunks

Old 09-11-2017, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in that the Ottoman Empire took white Christian slaves (Slavic ones) from around modern day Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia who served as janissaries.

The history of slavery is quite complex and of course, still exists in parts of the world. Nobody is jumping up and down trying to end that though, right? I'd expect African Americans to be all over trying to free child labor slaves, or the Chinese on cheap wages who make iPhones for the west.

Easier to blame whitey though, while buying 10 pairs of slave created sneakers (yes I know I'm generalizing)

T-t-treble dunks

Old 09-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

yeah i ask a lot of lefties who get up in arms about slavery why they buy clothes manufactured or made from textiles made using slave labor. turns out their convictions are strong enough to blame an entire race of people for something that happened in the fucking early modern period, but not strong enough to spend $50 on a tee shirt made in a first would country.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
yeah i ask a lot of lefties who get up in arms about slavery why they buy clothes manufactured or made from textiles made using slave labor. turns out their convictions are strong enough to blame an entire race of people for something that happened in the fucking early modern period, but not strong enough to spend $50 on a tee shirt made in a first would country.
Appealing to a perfect solution (the end of all slavery) or to perfect morality (expecting people seeking justice for one issue to seek justice for all issues) says nothing about whether African Americans' causes are righteous.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Banned

only an unimpeachable messiah may speak without disruption in the land of maga where the shadows lie
Old 09-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appealing to a perfect solution (the end of all slavery) or to perfect morality (expecting people seeking justice for one issue to seek justice for all issues) says nothing about whether African Americans' causes are righteous.
those sure are some mental hoops you gotta jump through to rationalize condemning people who never contributed to slavery while directly financially contributing to slavery

you see guise it's a different issue because the slaves are se asian!!!!1
Old 09-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

History is a complicated topic and we are discovering new things or coming up with different opinions all the time. A lot of times their isn't a coherent agenda in historical translation -- its just what happens to be popular when History Majors went to school.

Currently -- there is a lot coming out about the Crusades. This myth that their was 1 big battle between Muslims and Christians in the Levant. Often portraying the Crusaders as aberrations of Christianity rather than realistic representatives for their age. Muslims by contrast are viewed as at their peak during this era -- ideal representatives of what the religion could be today.

The truth is...the Crusades were mostly about Eastern Orthodox Christians, Jews, and Barbarians. There were hundreds of different "crusades" during this era, we just hear about the Kingdom of Heaven scene basically. The Muslims kind of kicked our ass over Jerusalem, and were totally not hung up with the Crusades until a bunch of Historical revisionism to fan the flames of colonial resentment came along.

The entire violent terrorist wing of Islam started with colonialism. They told their conservatives this story about how we are continuing the crusades to this day -- and thanks to the conduct of Israel -- a lot of people buy that shit.

One thing that Professors are finally starting to admit from what I've seen (I was sitting in a class the other day for Politics of the War on Terror) -- is that colonialism isn't any worse than just letting a country figure it out for themselves. We paid our price for modernization in blood. Everyone must -- except colonial peoples can fast forward time by basically "working for" the modern countries. Not that we deserve a medal for it -- we do it because we get net gains from the trade.

There is a argument to made that neo-colonialism is a lot worse than good ol' fashion "we run shit here now brownie" colonialism. Because the latter actually takes more responsibility for the country the the former. Modern colonialism generally consists of giving the right guys military intelligence and weapons to ensure we get a good price on rubber or diamonds or whatever. It was better for the natives when we set up shop and opened schools -- despite all the racism and abuse.

Not saying we need more colonialism...just saying I think neo-colonialism actually is worse and we are doing that atm.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-11-2017 at 04:01 PM..
Closed Thread