Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp
Sirken has openly stated that any system they use is going to be designed around the more hardcore guilds getting the largest piece of the pixel pie.
This is true, and it is a mindboggling position imo. If he wants more mobs to be competitive/FFA, that would be one thing. But to specifically state "Any raid system must favor those who are willing to perform nonclassic timesinks" is just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiah
If repops were FFA without a bag limit, I don't think class r would enjoy repops very much. I think you guys grossly over estimate your ability to call to arms and race for a mob.
You have to understand: Class C is about making the raid scene as not-fun as possible to spread the pixels over as few people as possible. Class R is about making the raid scene as fun as possible, and more pixels would be nice too but its not the primary issue, because if the raid scene is fun than we will participate and while we won't outcompete TMO/IB a certain amount of pixels will follow.
Last edited by Raev; 11-01-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 11-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Basically all boils down to this: if repops were more consistent, I believe both classes would have a bit more of a medium ground to meet on and discuss possible changes.

This is purely my opinion though.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically all boils down to this: if repops were more consistent, I believe both classes would have a bit more of a medium ground to meet on and discuss possible changes.

This is purely my opinion though.
I have been beating the repop drum for years. AFAIK it requires Rogean to log on and manually make it happen? If we could somehow schedule them automatically it would be huge. I bet this could be something both R and C could agree on!
Old 11-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C/R isn't gonna happen, so that proposed change is completely moot.

If anything, it needs to be changed to C/C/R and just do away with FFA entirely since class R and class C can't play nice together on FFA pops when Taken shows up.

All of these people vouching for C/R with complete FFA repops need to remember that when Class C and Class R agreed to the terms of these new raid rules, a lot of what class C agreed on was dependent on multiple server repops per month. I'm not sure on exact numbers as I'm too lazy to go find the page that has them all listed, but we're a far cry from four repops a month.

All I've gotten from scanning through random pages in this thread is that more class R guilds are wanting to join rotation, thus some of the larger class R guilds are wanting either a change to the C/FFA/R system to C/R, full FFA repops, or a combination of both. Every time more guilds join the class R guild rotation and that piece of uncontested loot pie gets a bit smaller and longer to wait on, you can't come to class C and expect them to be willing to give up more mobs to alleviate the situation. The only real situation to all of this mess is that some of the larger class R guilds need to merge together and form a third class C guild.

tl;dr every time the piece of class R loot pie gets smaller, you can't expect class C to fix the situation by giving up more mobs.
Holy crap this must be 2013 because I agree with Gimpster on something. Guess he hasn't gone 100% full retard.

Sorry for thinking you were all the way there Gimpster! Keep on tryna use chars that aren't yours though.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sorry for thinking you were all the way there Gimpster! Keep on tryna use chars that aren't yours though.
Lolwut
Old 11-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Are you exhausted arguing the merits and downfalls of variance? Do you have a family with mouths to feed?

Then Red99 is the place for you and your pals, because we don't have variance, and there's not really anything we can do to feed your family, but we're still pretty cool.

<Holocaust> is HARBORING BLUE GUILDS UNDER OUR TAG that want to come over and basically sweep the world map of mobs like ballers without asking to do so.

Come on over today and be men (and women, why do people still use that phrase?) with us. We will teach you everything you need to know about PvP.

Why do I suddenly care about pumice? What's a crimson potion? Why is the Innoruuk shield so dope on an enchanter on a PvP server? What spells are most effective on players? Why does SoW and levitate have to be 14th and 15th in my buff slots at all times?

We can share these answers with you, and we can also feed your family in real life but also totally not do that because we don't have the resources and we don't RMT but we would definitely help you out if needed unless you were a total asshole and nobody in the guild liked you in which case we'd probably not care and let you fend for yourself IRL instead of baking things and sending them to you.

I haven't gotten a PM yet about a whole guild coming over, but I know some of you are interested/ thinking about it/ have thought about it in the past.

Now is the time, bros. You can rebuild your pals to 60 in 2-4 weeks on Red. The exp is swell, the swinging dicks are obnoxious, and we have literally 0 women playing. Just kidding, there's like two... maybe. We have one in our guild.

What an alluring world I've built for you blue pals. God, I'm awesome.

I love you.

P.S. did i mention that I want you to play on Red99.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lolwut
Nothing like being loved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now Clark is your buddy again, well sort of. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Classic TMO..
Last edited by Amirite; 11-01-2014 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Kobold

So what's wrong with C/R/FFA, and then sim repops are just full FFA, with no mobs being locked out? Doesn't that keep the % of mobs the same across classes but make repops a fun race?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

There are still plenty of mobs ffa during repops. Just go for those first? Or ignore your R rotation during repops? Class r guilds only locked out of 1/3 of mobs during a repop.
Closed Thread