Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-30-2024, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I no longer care. Its become a clown show. Shoot mobs wiff ya magic. Or not.
Buuut, weapon procs are random in this instance.
JBB clicks are not. You CHOOSE when to click. The only random bit is resists or interupts. But you still choose when to instigate a click.
That is i believe where the difference is.

What's the difference between having a light on and a hardon?
You can sleep with a light on. Budum tish.
This thread has gone signficantly off the rails into why-to-do-math territory.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Apples and carrots man.

Shadowknights and shamans are not the same class. Different ac returns. Wildly different defensive abilities and skills. Slowed vs unslowed. Your sk is 60 and is not geared to a typical level of a leveling anything (your magelo is in your signature).

About 10 levels of degrees/variables of difference not accounted for …

You’re taking parsed from a plate TANK (and geared well) and trying to extrapolate that to a leveling priest class defensively?

No conclusions are possible.

Do you understand the scientific method? Controlling for as many variables as possible minus what you are looking to measure/compare?

I am really skeptical at this point man …
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-31-2024, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has gone signficantly off the rails into why-to-do-math territory.

Truth.

So fucking stupid.

TLDR for the “new guys”

-Racial regen is the tits
-FSI is overrated
-JBB is a poweleveling tool to the low/mod 50s. It is less relevant after that and is inevitably nothing more than a cute toy to play with

Old 01-31-2024, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you understand the scientific method? Controlling for as many variables as possible minus what you are looking to measure/compare?

I am really skeptical at this point man …
You haven't provided any evidence to support your position lol. What scientific method uses zero evidence?

Clearly I understand it better than you do, as I am providing real data to support my claims.

You need to provide more than trolling, insults, and nonsense if you want to claim you are doing anything remotely scientific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth.

So fucking stupid.

TLDR for the “new guys”

-Racial regen is the tits
-FSI is overrated
-JBB is a poweleveling tool to the low/mod 50s. It is less relevant after that and is inevitably nothing more than a cute toy to play with
Please ignore Troxx's opinions on JBB or Shaman Racials. He has no evidence to back up his opinions on JBB or Shaman Racials. He has been proven wrong and refuses to concede.

For people looking to understand the Normal Distribution of DPS on procs and white damage: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=646

For people looking to understand why JBB is better than root/rotting for leveling from 45-60 on a Shaman without Epic: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=523

For people looking to understand why FSI is the MinMax option on Shamans: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=311
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2024 at 12:44 AM..
Old 01-31-2024, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

DSM, you're not correct about the DOT calculation.

For DD procs, you can just do a straight average of PPM * damage per proc to get expected damage per minute, because the timing doesn't change it at all. This is because with each success valued the same regardless of sequencing, the mean of a binomial distribution is just the probability of success * number of swings, and the PPM system sets the probability of success such that this always comes out to the number of PPM.

This is not the case with a DOT proc because every proc is not equally valuable, you have to calculate the contribution each branch makes to the average individually and sum them to get the correct average. BCBrown is correct in his analysis. I have no idea why you're just averaging the timing and assuming that's correct when there's a nonlinear impact from the different samples in the distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are discussing the 18 second example, you have a 31.2% chance to proc per fight, as we always assume 3 hits.
You don't have a 31.2% chance to proc with three swings at 10.4% each, you have a 29.07% chance. You get 0.312 procs of expected value, but 0.0213 of them are bound up in the cases where you proc two or three times out of the three swings, so your chances of proccing at least once are only 29.07%.

You gave it a good shot, bcbrown.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 01-31-2024, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Why are we using SK damage parses for our data?
Here is a "random" parse of a totally unrelated plate class with upper range gear in lots of slots.
Does not compute.
Talkin' apples and oranges or what?

Now, I dunno the actual difference but imma suggest a 50 - 58 shm in good ec gear wiff a sprinkle of no drop goodies the higher you get would be splattered by a mob a 60 SK farms for uno cards. No science or parses to prove it. But ya know. Extra Pol Ation is three words that exist and mean something.
NVM. Tell us more of your 60 SK as proof of xping a mid 50's shaman with a Jarlsberg Bone Bracer (of any race).

Go.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

imagine typing that much when iksar is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-31-2024, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are we using SK damage parses for our data?
Troxx has no parses at all, so his claims are 100% unfounded currently. Ask him for data lol.

I have actual parses from PoM Rat Maze. I removed dodge/parry/riposte from the equation and added a little more than 10% damage to boot. That changed 20 DPS parsed to 25 DPS predicted, which is a 25% increase in damage. That's a pretty big boost in damage.

Troxx is going to need to provide evidence that a level 58 Shaman is going to take at least 50% more damage than my 59 SK at the time in PoM Rat Maze to shift the 10 DPS number I provided here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=523 to a higher number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM, you're not correct about the DOT calculation.
I am using a normal distribution for the DoT proc, not a binomial distribution. All of my averages are normal distributions.

If you want to claim I am doing the normal distribution wrong, please show us your math for a normal distribution of procced DoT damage.

My math is here, and it already takes into account the different points at which the DoT could trigger in a fight:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=646

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not the case with a DOT proc because every proc is not equally valuable, you have to calculate the contribution each branch makes to the average individually and sum them to get the correct average.
I already did that in my Normal Distribution:

Quote:
[208, 184, 136, 88, 40] = (656 damage / 4 ticks points + 1 initial DD) = (131.2 damage / 60 seconds) x 1.0 PPM = 2.18 DPS on average
These are the possible DoT damage values that could occur in a minute long fight, assuming you can swing 5 times per minute and have 1 PPM. Remember each swing has an equal chance to proc. If you proc again, just add 40 damage per proc.

208 damage = proccing at 12 seconds (40 + 7 ticks of 24 damage), 184 = proccing at 24 seconds (40 + 5 ticks of 24 damage), etc.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2024 at 11:08 AM..
Old 01-31-2024, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine typing that much when iksar is best
I still like scratching my ass

Old 01-31-2024, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I still like scratching my ass
dont neglect the balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.