Start over, neckbeard, collect manastone 58 21.80%
Come back and play on the server again 33 12.41%
Quit 95 35.71%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty: To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose. I like to remember what my father taught me-
That at one point or another, we were all new to this world.
The newcomers are just looking for the same thing we are... A place to be free to stake out our dreams, a place with unlimited possibilities.
All lives have routine. Mine's no different. Still, I never cease to wonder at the thought that any day the course of my whole life could change with just one chance encounter.
I know things will work out the way they're meant to.
I like a lot of this message, and I agree with much of it. However.

To choose to only view the beauty of the world is to not be realistic. If everything is beautiful in your eyes, how can you really appreciate the beauty if you cannot compare it to any ugliness?

I agree we all live in routines, and I also never forget that any day our lives can change with just one chance encounter or event.

I remind myself of this frequently because it makes me appreciate the samller things in life. Recognizing that any given day it all can end should magnify the importance of all the things you enjoy no matter how small they are.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i've joined P1999 pretty much 6 years ago, but i also stopped playing years ago (my highest char is 54). i came back to see if there's any news concerning a new server. the problem is, that it will never be like it was back then, if everything is the same. simply because we know too much. people level up alot faster, make money alot faster and get their desired gear alot faster, than back in original EQ. it's mostly copying old strategies.

worst of all is that P1999 also copied the mistakes that were done back then, like items and rules that were changed later. items like deceiver mask, hybrid vs pure class balancing, racial exp penalty... all that crap should be fixed from the start.

some of the rules, mobs and items should also be different (especially raid targets), unknown to the players, so that we have to learn again and not just repeat what we've done for years. that would give us alot better classic feeling than a pure copy.

i'd start again on such a server, but i doubt it would have enough players.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

racial exp penaly = class exp penalty
Old 03-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsdance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've joined P1999 pretty much 6 years ago, but i also stopped playing years ago (my highest char is 54). i came back to see if there's any news concerning a new server. the problem is, that it will never be like it was back then, if everything is the same. simply because we know too much. people level up alot faster, make money alot faster and get their desired gear alot faster, than back in original EQ. it's mostly copying old strategies.

worst of all is that P1999 also copied the mistakes that were done back then, like items and rules that were changed later. items like deceiver mask, hybrid vs pure class balancing, racial exp penalty... all that crap should be fixed from the start.

some of the rules, mobs and items should also be different (especially raid targets), unknown to the players, so that we have to learn again and not just repeat what we've done for years. that would give us alot better classic feeling than a pure copy.

i'd start again on such a server, but i doubt it would have enough players.

that was all done on purpose, max nostalgia
Old 03-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Temporarily stopped playing, I would start over but only if the emphasis was on classic feel rather than classic mechanics.

Things like manastones, fungi's, rubicite, lifetap ring, current AC spawn, MQing, soulfire, item recharging create un-classic problems because they are known quantities that can exploited due to forknowledge that wasn't available at launch.

It'd be nice to see those mobs and items be recreated or prenerfed to remove that exploitability.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Temporarily stopped playing, I would start over but only if the emphasis was on classic feel rather than classic mechanics.

Things like manastones, fungi's, rubicite, lifetap ring, current AC spawn, MQing, soulfire, item recharging create un-classic problems because they are known quantities that can exploited due to forknowledge that wasn't available at launch.

It'd be nice to see those mobs and items be recreated or prenerfed to remove that exploitability.
or you could just leave them in game ina prenerfed state and see what happens =op. Grand Experiment
Closed Thread