Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah no. When you're drunk and get behind the wheel, you're shooting into a crowd.
Tell that to the people who put up the memorial not two blocks from my house for the woman who died crashing into a wall while drunk off her ass and running from the cops.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting raped is indeed a natural consequence of getting too drunk. People are animals and do much more horrible premeditated things to sober people. Getting shitfaced in general public without someone to watch your back absolutely invites a crime of opportunity.
You are an awful human being and I hope one day you attain full awareness of your point of view, which is, by far, the worst thing I can wish upon you.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to the people who put up the memorial not two blocks from my house for the woman who died crashing into a wall while drunk off her ass and running from the cops.
If only they weren't chasing her she wouldn't have had to drive so dangerously. Police are monsters running a poor woman off the road like that, monsters.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Tell that to the people
No, people are fucking stupid. If you're seriously putting forth an appeal to popularity, you're even stupider than was previously apparent.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only they weren't chasing her she wouldn't have had to drive so dangerously. Police are monsters running a poor woman off the road like that, monsters.
If HBB posted this I'd think he was serious.

I cannot tell if you are or not.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an awful human being and I hope one day you attain full awareness of your point of view, which is, by far, the worst thing I can wish upon you.
That I recognize that people are bad and do bad things? I'm sorry I'm not enlightened (I mean blind to everything going on in the world) like you are.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That I recognize that people are bad and do bad things?
No.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If HBB posted this I'd think he was serious.

I cannot tell if you are or not.
Really? I mean I know its hard through text and all but I didn't think I ever came off like this before. Not serious.

Also where do you live?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yours will be mine.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
No.
Then you have yet to make a valid point.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Also if we're going to be arguing semantics:
Getting into an accident while driving drunk is a possible consequence of driving drunk but not a natural one, people drive drunk home without issues all the time but only alcoholics will argue such and are rightly ridiculed.

Getting raped is indeed a natural consequence of getting too drunk. People are animals and do much more horrible premeditated things to sober people. Getting shitfaced in general public without someone to watch your back absolutely invites a crime of opportunity.

Where did anyone state or even imply that the perpetrate did nothing wrong and didn't deserve to be punished?
If some dumbass leaves the window on a ground floor home open and their child gets kidnapped, does the kidnapper suddenly get off the hook because the parent was negligent? No. Why do you imply it's different in the case of rape? Fucker should be castrated, doesn't make the drunk any less of a dumb shit.
your conception of a natural consequence is flawed. driving drunk impairs driving ability. impaired driving ability increases the likelihood of accident. impairment via drunkenness directly increases the likelihood of accident to the extent that it can be judged by a reasonable person that an accident is in fact a natural, if not inevitable, consequence of drunk driving. this is independent of the actions of any other party

there is no such direct correlation between drunkenness and rape. a reasonable mind could not judge rape as a natural consequence of drunkenness. in most instances, drunkenness has little or no demonstrable impact on the likelihood of rape. further, any such rape is entirely contingent upon the actions of a separate party. there must be an intervening party that commits criminal action in order for such a rape to occur. as this intervention would be decidedly unnatural, it must be judged that rape is not a natural consequence of drunkenness

you're basically arguing a bastardized version of "danger invites rescue" wherein drunkenness invites rape. the problem is that it doesn't.

also, i have no idea what you're talking about with criminals "getting off the hook". you're raising a question of liability. in the case of the drunk driver, the drunk assumes liability because his actions directly contribute to an accident. in the case of the drunk rape victim, the victim assumes no liability because getting drunk and falling asleep does not directly contribute to rape less you attempt to argue that the victim has an obligation to resist. in the case of the kidnapped child, the parent assumes no liability because having a child kidnapped is not a natural consequence of leaving a window open
Closed Thread