Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-22-2023, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule is fkin lit, insane ZEM. You can harmo too. I got to 44 on my paladin there solo. The temple area is a literal cow level...and even the green cons (when you're level 42/43) will still give decent XP because of the ZEM. You can just do laps around the base of it.

If temple is too hard at first (shouldnt be at 39 tho) you can do the Throne Room area. Its off to the left after the zone in.

Go forth and slay many lizardpeepul, young Troxx.
Tell me more; i know nothing about this zone
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-22-2023, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Personally, and I’m in the minority, but I don’t like CT. Fairly far away bind point and tough to get a rez to run out. You have casters and a lot of pathers. Some weird healing-through-the wall and z-axis BS. Also while it’s good ranger training stuff runs a lot which is just another variable/task.

HK is also outdoor with a better setup. 99% of NPC’s are warrior archetype. Over half are static. There is that 45-50’ish lump where there are a lot of green and most the blues are a bit too tough. That said, burning down a 2k health npc with arrows is quite easy. I did this in Grobb and kept all the 7-8 front spawns downs down from 45-54 and a basher has like 50% more hps than a noble or bard. These days the plat is even better (in Grobb). Can sneak to sell or lupine dagger and wolf vendor.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-22-2023 at 09:40 AM..
Old 09-24-2023, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Ok I need some honest advice. I’m now closing in on 41 in OT hunting sarnak berzerkers. I’ve done a bunch of braid turn ins and am still scowls. Per wiki as a tunare woodelf Ranger I could be looking at hundreds of turn ins which would have me grinding them until they are long since past green and not giving xp.

It’s not bad xp for now but I’m getting bored and, for the first time on this toon, not having fun.

How much is a puppet string charge these days? Thinking of bailing, moving on, and just charming him later when I’m higher level.

Thoughts?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-24-2023, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve done a few quests gathering up like a dozen Berserkers with my 60 ranger and swapping to loot. It’s still taken like 20hrs or so. The xp is ok but just not worth it.

I think a puppet string click is about 3-4k on the market. I’d go kill stuff that drops FS or plat like HK.
Old 09-24-2023, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

The problem is the zerkers just drop almost zero cash and almost zero vendorable loot.

While the XP is decent, the opportunity cost of gathering enough braids to make faction is huge. So much so, that if you were to xp conventially somewhere else then in the time it would take a troll SK to get to decent enough faction to do the quest you would have made enough pp to pay for a strings click anyway. This can only be worse for an elf.

Something I did enjoy on my ranger was fear kiting the OT tigers.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-24-2023, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Just pay for a strings click at 50. Better yet get a Tolan's BP.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, and I’m in the minority, but I don’t like CT. Fairly far away bind point and tough to get a rez to run out. You have casters and a lot of pathers. Some weird healing-through-the wall and z-axis BS. Also while it’s good ranger training stuff runs a lot which is just another variable/task.

HK is also outdoor with a better setup. 99% of NPC’s are warrior archetype. Over half are static. There is that 45-50’ish lump where there are a lot of green and most the blues are a bit too tough. That said, burning down a 2k health npc with arrows is quite easy. I did this in Grobb and kept all the 7-8 front spawns downs down from 45-54 and a basher has like 50% more hps than a noble or bard. These days the plat is even better (in Grobb). Can sneak to sell or lupine dagger and wolf vendor.
I never had an issue in CT after the first 30 minutes of figuring out positioning away from heals through walls. I solo'd my twink paladin there 32-44.

Troxx, stop being a pussy and go smash temple area while its still viable. You'll thank me later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger can also just get an oggok bind and invis back, not sure why bind point could be an issue
Old 09-25-2023, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never had an issue in CT after the first 30 minutes of figuring out positioning away from heals through walls. I solo'd my twink paladin there 32-44.

Troxx, stop being a pussy and go smash temple area while its still viable. You'll thank me later.
Ranger will get slapped around hard compared to pally. They can’t tank worth a damn. Those temple mobs are no joke from what I remember. It was the pyramid #2 on map I assume you’re referring to.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

You certainly can solo a ranger in there. It's not "easy" so I'm not sure the ZEM is paying off unless you're really tricky with harmony and sticking to some of the easier spots like the sewer.

Nothing in HK heals or harmtouches. Yea I'm a basic when it comes to moving the yellow bar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]