Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually no, people don't do AC for hours. They bugger offline or to alts that you cannot reach(or sometimes can reach) and then expect to be in the list still eight hours later(even after they missed their turn), meanwhile other people actually form a physical line.

I haven't been by AC in a while however that's how I remember it is handled on this server. In short, those who do it frequently try to manipulate how the camp is run and believe they can remove, add and change the list how they see fit.

It also doesn't help that Rogean's comments and Derubael's rules are in contradiction. with one another.
Lists and lines are the bottom-barrel dumbest thing on this server--right there with having to poopsock. IF someone is there waiting for someone to finish their camp then go away. Go play EQ. It's a fun game when you play it, I promise. I know most people tend to forget as they stare at the back of some other player's helm in a line, but when you fall asleep and wake up later to find that the "list" moved on without you it gets hard to remember why you play EQ. Everqueue is not how this game should be played.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists and lines are the bottom-barrel dumbest thing on this server
Lists seem pretty cool to me if done properly. Unfortunately people tend to fuck it up.

I just participated in my first list with the AC camp last night and I got wrapped up in some drama because someone told me another person cut the line (likely to sic me on that individual), but I ended up talking it out with that person and it ended fairly well, at least from my perspective. I made the mistake of picking a fight with this person without getting the entire picture, and once they told me the whole scenario, I tried to work things out with them. Granted, I still disagreed with them on some points, but I explained my disagreements while also recognizing the things they said that I agreed with and we reached an understanding.

Later that night I ended up getting the camp after two people ahead of me were offline right when I was going to run and get something to eat (I did not expect to get the camp that night at all to be honest). I took up the camp, but then I started getting a headache from hunger due to not eating any lunch and I decided to be sane and grab something to eat. I AFKed at camp knowing that I could lose it and, unsurprisingly, came back to someone else camping it. However, this guy was real cool about it and we worked it out (guy's name was Swindlez, still grateful to him; another person named Sunning was waiting behind him and was also cool about it). I ended up getting my Ring of the Ancients because I didn't lose my shit when the camp was taken and instead talked it out.

From my experience thus far, so many problems in Project 1999 could be solved if people simply didn't flip out on one another the second a problem arises. I can't say that I haven't had a few flipouts myself because I can be aggressive and/or reactive at times, but I've ended almost every one of them on good footing because I reflected on how I was unreasonable and apologized to the other person for being an ass. Every time I apologized the other person also came around and apologized or ended up working it out with me.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just think that if people took a breath every once in a while, the server wouldn't have half of the problems it does. Then again, that can be said about nearly all things.
Last edited by simp403; 09-24-2015 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Listomania up in here
Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listomania up in here
List is love, List is life.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp403 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool story
Lists are dumb if participants aren't going to sit around and wait. It's one thing if you ask someone to inform you when they are done. It's another to expect to keep your place in a line when you weren't there to claim it. Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'm not going to try to track down 4 people on 6 alts, and then wait for them to appear when its convenient for them.

It's like the deli in your supermarket. You grab a number. They call the numbers. You aren't there? TFB.

You want the camp? Sit there.

You want to play your alt? Play your alt.

You want to go get fast food? Go eat.

It's that simple. Most of the time I feel people here think they can have their cake and eat it too.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'm not going to try to track down 4 people on 6 alts, and then wait for them to appear when its convenient for them.
Write their names down and when you're done, send a tell to the next person. If they aren't online, then send a tell to the one after. If someone takes too long, then move on to the person after them. The amount of effort and brainpower required to do this is equivalent to that required to scratch your ass, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

I was afforded this courtesy and I extended it to others. If you're not willing to do so then you won't receive it in turn. If you enjoy sitting near the AC camp for hours at a time because you're too stubborn to write a few names down, then so be it.

Camping something for hours at a time to get pixels is one thing, but waiting in one spot for hours at a time prior to this just seems stupid to me. I already waste enough hours in my life on this game, so I'm going to salvage the few I have left instead of sitting in a line on the internet.
Last edited by simp403; 09-24-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it used to be a couple small groups of us, but as of recently people have been rolling out with 20 members and its kinda nuts.
those 20 being 10 divinity and 10 anonymous, yup..Asgard likes to ks too.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1027 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Typical BDA
Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1027 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know what situation you are talking about.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know what situation you are talking about.
The people that were there know who they are, if you weren't there don't worry about it.
Closed Thread