Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Now THAT brings back memories [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was Deolyen on that server. I "think" my guild was called Inner Fire at the time. They later merged into the guild that killed the Sleeper, but it was after I was gone.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Skeleton

Bloobs doind hard talk on forums, love it... enable pvp already
Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fires of Heaven (who did not kill the Sleeper) = not Rallos Zek
Flowers of Happiness (who never saw Sleeper's Tomb) = Rallos Zek
Thanks for clearing that up!
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Kobold

CONQUEST! It was a mix of Inner Fire and Soul Assassins right? See my old brain can remember stuff
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Orc

I remember all of that Lanys drama. I was in Soul Assassins in the early-ish days (I knew Ketsui from another game) but I was never in Conquest. I did eventually join Inner Circle/Inner Fire as well.

I don't remember the exact facts of the whole Sleeper incident, but I do remember when it all went down and when Sleeper was released it was a giant human male model, iirc. Was pretty funny.

And I don't think Conquest was Soul Assassins and Inner Fire, but I can't remember how it was formed.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Not difficult to achieve at that stage of the game tbh. Surprised that the sleeper was able to slumber that long.

Oh and lure hit the sleeper as well, not just manaburn.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winobot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not difficult to achieve at that stage of the game tbh. Surprised that the sleeper was able to slumber that long.

Oh and lure hit the sleeper as well, not just manaburn.
It's not that Sleeper couldn't be done.
The reason it wasn't awakened sooner was because people wanted to farm the gear that they knew would no longer drop once the sleeper was awakened.

It was considered to be a dick move at the time to complete the cycle while other guilds were still trying to gear up.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Orc

I'm in the Fires of Heaven was the first to kill the sleeper boat(wasn't the actual model not even in yet? i could have sworn i remember hearing about a giant human model).

But the only reason Sleeper wasn't killed earlier was because people were too concerned with farming the ST gear, and like previously mentioned, waking him or killing him was considered a dick move.

Another point worth noting is that once the sleeper is awake and you fail to kill him, you don't get another shot, so the fact that the wiki said the gm respawned him and gave rallos another shot makes their kill worthless anyway.

just my 2c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Fennin Ro never got to try to kill the sleeper cause some dick move by a group caused him to spawn and despawn. THANKS HAPPYFEET <3
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another point worth noting is that once the sleeper is awake and you fail to kill him, you don't get another shot, so the fact that the wiki said the gm respawned him and gave rallos another shot makes their kill worthless anyway.<3
I was at the sleeper kill (in MiM), and I have to ask how that makes it worthless? He would've been dead the first time if GMs didn't despawn him.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Kobold

CONQUEST
Closed Thread