Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IP trace may not tell the whole story and I'm sure there could be some way to always cry foul on it and try to use it to weasel out of a suspension.
It was Live-Streamed on Twitch for 4 hours....https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301935559
Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's gotta be a really simple SQL query to figure out if a raid banned guildmember has been in a raid banned zone during a raid ban. I don't understand why people even risk this shit.
Taking that further it shouldn't be overly difficult to flat out lock banned guilds from entering a zone. Obviously if they de tag, or use a alt that's another story and deserves a ban extension for circumventing the lock.

I can understand staff thinking this shouldn't be necessary considering it's not hard to like NOT enter a zone. You literally just like don't go there?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I’m super casual now and don’t keep up with much of anything anymore, but common sense has to be taken into account. Am I being told that because I l have access to a ranger tracker in fear tagged tempest, I could log onto that character and cause a guild I have no affiliation with an extension on a future ban they will inevitably receive? Really?
Common sense is a joke here.

I bet if you logged in the ranger nothing would happen.

They have a hard on for Core. It’s clear they don’t want them around.

It’s sad really.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Core is some former AW and another group right?

So you want me to feel sorry for a group of people who have been rabble rousing p99 for years? gtfo
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Kobold

And I quote

"Be careful what you do with Core. They are going to get popped, its just a matter of time, and if youre there when they fuck up, your getting popped too"
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are implying things will change after we stop logging on then this simply is not supported by the evidence.

Project1999 players have widely taken this approach to the red server "and still I see no changes".
I don't think using the red server serves as appropriate evidence - red server was never a traffic driver to these forums or to the project in general.

If blue's average nightly population is ~1200 as someone above me claims, then suddenly drops to ~600 over the next few months and a bulk of those exiting players cite heavy-handed abuse from staff as the reason, it would be reasonable to expect Admins to change up their staff or policies.

But then again, nothing on P99 reflects any semblance of reason, so...
Old 09-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch ella way out of touch whats happened
Life, sadly.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think using the red server serves as appropriate evidence - red server was never a traffic driver to these forums or to the project in general.

If blue's average nightly population is ~1200 as someone above me claims, then suddenly drops to ~600 over the next few months and a bulk of those exiting players cite heavy-handed abuse from staff as the reason, it would be reasonable to expect Admins to change up their staff or policies.

But then again, nothing on P99 reflects any semblance of reason, so...
It hits 1200 with bots and boxers.

I’d say single box is in the high 900s

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-18-2018, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299
Quote:
You are responsible for the people you let onto your account. Disciplinary action may be enacted upon your account even if you yourself were not responsible for any rule breaking. Do not share account info if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of someone else's actions.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking that further it shouldn't be overly difficult to flat out lock banned guilds from entering a zone. Obviously if they de tag, or use a alt that's another story and deserves a ban extension for circumventing the lock.

I can understand staff thinking this shouldn't be necessary considering it's not hard to like NOT enter a zone. You literally just like don't go there?
Well I didn't read far enough - guy was helping and thought he was in the clear (but probably should have clarified with staff or someone knowledgeable before doing this)

On the logging into another character, i'm pretty sure the rules say something along the lines of you're responsible for the people you give your password to. I dunno what they say about the actual person who did that - they may have got a account ban?

----

That said core people have always been nice and lots of fun to play with.
Closed Thread