Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

I still think DAOC RvR/PvP beats any kind of EQ PvP!
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know a great classic DAOC server if you wanna check it out, i agree that DAOC is fun.

http://www.uthgard.net/

<Grunny Swampskin>Retired
<Brennard>Retired
<Alton> Retired
<Vizuni>
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nixus from VZ?
wow that didnt take long. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch&Sniff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't there =(, also, i do try and convince them all the time. i tried to get the whole guild to turn in there books, but you know how people and there none pvpness is. Also, i just made this thread to poke the minds of everyone. i think it would be really cool to have pvp in a new/diffrent way then it has been done before. lately i have been thinking it would be neat if the Vox room was pvp area, handled the same way as the in town arenas. or perhaps both naggy and vox room, could be fun.

Also, if there was a Priest of Order in freeport, i would flag every night, the priest of order is too far out, i tell people they can flag back, and they are like rly? im like yeah, but you gotta go to qeynos =/ and there are like ugg, if there was a priest of chaos/order in the tunnel it would be even better. Also, a pvp toggle that could be used every 30 min could be alot of fun too.

just sayin, im tryin to convince everyone i can, im not even saying this should be a pvp server, just tryin to brainstorm a way it could work and blend well with whats going on already.
I think the problem here is while you may think it's awesome to have a zone or specific area of content flagged as PvP, it's not for the majority of people playing on the server. I think that's why you're seeing opposition.

The ideas of a toggle, or just making it easier to reach the Priest of Order are far more likely to be acceptable to most people as they don't directly interfere with the gameplay of people who don't want to PvP.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch&Sniff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know a great classic DAOC server if you wanna check it out, i agree that DAOC is fun.

http://www.uthgard.net/
I played there a few years back, it really is a fun server, it's not a "true classic" server but it's as good as it'll ever get...kinda like P99 for EQ. They also have a "no-boxing rule" among other minor similarities to P99..
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That might be the most fun i've ever had in a game. Inviting a couple lower level people to your group, going way out in the middle of nowhere, wait til they engage a mob, boot them and kill them. Ahh, good times.

Chris
Closed Thread