Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-02-2022, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the perspective of a casual in pretty terrible gear for my level (56), one thing I’ve noticed when it comes to survivability is a difference in mob bash

When I was lower level, bash used to whiff. Bash nowadays has what feels like a 90% hit chance. Other mobs swings miss way more often than bash. Bash almost always lands, and always stuns (through runes but it’s always been like this)

This means there is about a 90% chance that my first stun attempt will be interrupted via bash. Now if I have a hasted blue con mob swinging at me, that means before I can re-stun, my 2 runes are gone and I’m at 75% or less health. If for some reason root has broken off my target, or my target is nuking me before I can mez it, or another add has come from some unexpected source, AND I have the hasted mob interrupting my first stun….decent chance I might die

Not sure if AC changes any of this, but bash didn’t used to be the guaranteed interrupt it is at level 56
Ya ac helps a ton in group content, almost useless in raid content though, if mob cons red it's going to hit max most of the time, if it's blue, ac helps a ton /nod
Old 11-02-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the perspective of a casual in pretty terrible gear for my level (56), one thing I’ve noticed when it comes to survivability is a difference in mob bash

When I was lower level, bash used to whiff. Bash nowadays has what feels like a 90% hit chance. Other mobs swings miss way more often than bash. Bash almost always lands, and always stuns (through runes but it’s always been like this)

This means there is about a 90% chance that my first stun attempt will be interrupted via bash. Now if I have a hasted blue con mob swinging at me, that means before I can re-stun, my 2 runes are gone and I’m at 75% or less health. If for some reason root has broken off my target, or my target is nuking me before I can mez it, or another add has come from some unexpected source, AND I have the hasted mob interrupting my first stun….decent chance I might die

Not sure if AC changes any of this, but bash didn’t used to be the guaranteed interrupt it is at level 56
It should be way worse than this and no amount of gear should help. Only standing in a perfect corner. And you'll be lucky to gate after mez. Something to keep in mind for red 2.0

Hopefully this helps.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

Glad I play a war, they already nerfed us every way possible (dps precision nerf, clicks, agro cap on weapon process) so the worst is behind us! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2022, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be way worse than this and no amount of gear should help. Only standing in a perfect corner. And you'll be lucky to gate after mez. Something to keep in mind for red 2.0

Hopefully this helps.
To my knowledge, all it would do is cost people more plat

Every time I’ve seen someone in deep shit on a stream, they don’t try to gain control of the room and channel gate, they just swap in and click their WC cap

Now I’m too cheap to ever buy a WC cap…but I think programming enchanters to die whenever a mob farts near them on P99 would probably only result in people dumping tons of pp to recharge their wc caps
Old 11-02-2022, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To my knowledge, all it would do is cost people more plat

Every time I’ve seen someone in deep shit on a stream, they don’t try to gain control of the room and channel gate, they just swap in and click their WC cap

Now I’m too cheap to ever buy a WC cap…but I think programming enchanters to die whenever a mob farts near them on P99 would probably only result in people dumping tons of pp to recharge their wc caps
That wasn't classic really. I mean I'm sure an elite few did it... butt it was cheaper to just make friends with a cleric and or paladin. Or druid. Or ranger.

Definitely not an efficient way to level.

Point is it changes the server dynamic. Stuff like that is meant only to be done in daring challenges or intense progression. It shouldn't be the norm. And enchanters should be facing much more costly mistakes.

"It would just cost more pp" is a terrible excuse for a custom ruleset that doesn't respect Brads vision.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wasn't classic really. I mean I'm sure an elite few did it... butt it was cheaper to just make friends with a cleric and or paladin. Or druid. Or ranger.

Definitely not an efficient way to level.

Point is it changes the server dynamic. Stuff like that is meant only to be done in daring challenges or intense progression. It shouldn't be the norm. And enchanters should be facing much more costly mistakes.

"It would just cost more pp" is a terrible excuse for a custom ruleset that doesn't respect Brads vision.
This cheaters just want to conserve their privilege to play in ways the game wasn't meant to be played, currently Enchanter is the best class hands down and that shouldn't be the case, every class should fill a niche, Enchanter is great in a group, it wasn't supposed to be better also at soloing or at being dps etc.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Banned

I was thinking about how broken enchanters were and it got me wondering if I should dump huge amounts of pp on ice silk cap and robe

The cap would run ~8k on green, but the robe is hella-expensive at almost 18k. I could probably find a tailor who I could hire to do the combines for cheaper though assuming I could round up the mats

As a non-raider, I’m trying to find a middle ground between my shitty loam and raid gear that I can use to make myself even more overpowered
Old 11-02-2022, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I was thinking about how broken enchanters were and it got me wondering if I should dump huge amounts of pp on ice silk cap and robe

The cap would run ~8k on green, but the robe is hella-expensive at almost 18k. I could probably find a tailor who I could hire to do the combines for cheaper though assuming I could round up the mats

As a non-raider, I’m trying to find a middle ground between my shitty loam and raid gear that I can use to make myself even more overpowered
I would just get thurg cap robe. Or loam. Ornate shield and gobbo ring biggest upgrades survival wise and ease of use. I think also a cha clicky from solro? Any clicky mblur?
Old 11-02-2022, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I would just get thurg cap robe. Or loam. Ornate shield and gobbo ring biggest upgrades survival wise and ease of use. I think also a cha clicky from solro? Any clicky mblur?
Doesn’t thurg stuff require raiding/grouping tho? Only been to velious once
Old 11-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Doesn’t thurg stuff require raiding/grouping tho? Only been to velious once
Show up as a warm body? But ya. It's not soloable.

Much better value for pp Walmart gear than ice silk. It won't make a big enough difference imo to justify spending like 18k on it.