Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Aviak

When I read Sirken's post yesterday I wondered how long before something like this would happened.

It only took one day.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Kobold

Last edited by Bubbageo; 02-25-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Team [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Samwise, normally I like you and appreciate what you have to say. This is one of those rare opportunities where I feel I must disagree with you.

I seriously doubt this person is boxing, and I am must assure that they are just gaming normally. It's unfortunate, but with the technology that is currently available to us you really must suspend your moronic vendetta and let this couple play.

Unfortunately, even if they are the same person (I don't believe you are, and I apologize for all of this trouble), you need to prove so before the people can be affected by your evidence.

Honestly, if Samwise allows himself to be affected by such "who cares, 3rd party" players, then they have already won. Samwise; if you ever ask me, I would never lie to you. Nihilum made popcorn and invited no one else; are you surprised? Everyone knows that N is the bad guy; they exploit and cheat as they need to advance.
Not saying there was boxing going on but it has been getting bad lately. It would be very tempting, if my wife played or w/e, to use her char to port/buff/heal me as well. I dont have an exemption nor does my wife play just saying people dont think they will get caught and do. Obviously something seemed off or the GM's wouldnt have bothered them. I know this because ive grouped with couples on blue for hours with no problems. if they werent boxing, i hope they get their exemption back, if they were i hope he/she just mans up and faces judgement.

sorry i dont give everyone the benefit of a doubt.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 AM
VIP / Contributor

i feel anyone that posted in this thread should owe me roughly 35 seconds, form a line to the left.

that said, we do not suspend or ban people on a whim. if you were suspended, we had a reason to do so. every staff member has to make a thread every time they ban or suspend a player, so that I or another staff member can look up the situation.

now, i noticed two sets of players crying that they were suspended. i have no doubts in the world that these people have wives that play EQ. that being said, players need to be aware of their situations as well. on the off chance that ALL of our detectors were giving false positives (near impossible, but whatever) i still like to send a tell. if you /q out, or, if you fail to respond to me for a few minutes, i have no choice but to assume that the time delay is due to nothing more than the husband running off to get his wife to sit at the computer.

having a wife and an exemption does not mean that if your wife doesnt feel like playing you get to 2box until a GM /tells you (at which time you go to get your wife).

also, believe it or not, how I treat players is based on how they treat the staff.

lastly - petition forum. if u want to discuss something, you need to make a petition. contrary to popular belief, nothing we read in the server chat or rnf is taken too seriously.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

In my experience Sirken has been great. Certainly far better than Amelinda.

Also I would like to point out that boxing is classic. It makes me just a little bit sad that boxing isn't allowed, because if it was I would use MQ to write some scripts. Everquest is pretty repetitive and ripe for automation; I think it would be a fun challenge to have scripts so that I could box 50+ characters while sitting back and playing general. Oh my god the neckbeards on the pvp server would hate me.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

My buddy who I used to play on live had me over at his house one day and showed me this server originally. He boxed a war/shm all the way up to 50.

Anyways, the day he decided to log in and show me around Uthgaard (sp) ports in on him and suspects him of boxing.

So Uth is sending tells to my friend who is replying on both chars, then he has my friend doing all sorts of different things, running in circles, running opposite directions and zig zagging etc

I had no idea what was going on at the time, but it was pretty hilarious to see my buddy stretching his arms between two different keyboards and trying to run all these drills at the same time. It was like watching an athlete. He did get away with it though.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Sarnak

So, if I setup a computer next to mine, get my GF to hold up a sign and take a pic - I can two-box? :P
Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly the same IP address. Not sure whether they have access to things like a MAC code (unique code for all electronics these days) or dynamic IP and such data... but if so, they'd be able to see if you're running 2 PCs or 1 PC with 2 windows. If the latter, you're out of luck.

I doubt they just decide to ban without some kind of evidence on the connection side.
Mac codes can be clonned via router to appear the same for all pcs on the same network. Id hope thats not one of their methods of detection.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, if I setup a computer next to mine, get my GF to hold up a sign and take a pic - I can two-box? :P
Give it a shot man.

Let me know how that goes.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this doesn't help the OP but I'd rather the GMs were too tight on it than too relaxed
So you're ok with innocent people getting the boot. All for the greater good eh?
Careful someone doesn't accuse you one day.
Closed Thread