Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

This server is not classic anyway and the pixels are meaningless esp the bad classic/kunark ones but the time you wasted clicking a little box meant something i guess and that’s why you’re here or gone from here i suppose
Old 12-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure they're following the "classic" patch notes. If you look at the first few patches after Kunark dropped there's no mention of item removals, TD binding being disabled, etc:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2000-1.html

and

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2000-2.html

-Mcoy
Old 12-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannobeers3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit. I have some advice for you. Save your money to pay a street worker at the corner of 82nd and NE Burnside to rub some lotion or oil on your battered backside.

And maybe have them say nice things to you as you apparently need to feel a special need to 'escape' via a damn locket.

Holy Pete, god of Canada, be with you.
Portland reference!!
Old 12-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure they're following the "classic" patch notes. If you look at the first few patches after Kunark dropped there's no mention of item removals, TD binding being disabled, etc:

and

-Mcoy
Shits classic. Except when its not. Except when we decide not to. Except when we had a better idea for ruleset (Red99) except, except, except.

Legitimately I think that staff may say more in discord but it is a bummer to see so little interaction on the messageboard.

I don't like to speculate aimlessly and I don't like to see other people speculate aimlessly either. I guess it may be the case that there are JR staff members who aren't allowed to say anything, and senior staff members are too busy to waste time making people feel good on the messageboards.

So we gotta enjoy the game and live with it or go to a different kinda community that makes us happier if thats the answer.

For classic everquest there isn't a lot of options so best is to just move on and start poopsocking plat items to buy a locket or something.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and

-Mcoy
Right. There was no mention during classic when items were removed. There was also no expectation of them to be removed, or a list indicating that they are not yet removed. The dynamic is entirely different.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-21-2020, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. There was no mention during classic when items were removed. There was also no expectation of them to be removed, or a list indicating that they are not yet removed. The dynamic is entirely different.
Lol what? Its the same shit. No mention then and no mention now.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

Great job! Your mental and physical health should improve! And perhaps your sleeping pattern too!
Old 12-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what? Its the same shit. No mention then and no mention now.
You live in 2 dimensions, I see.

It's not the same, because the expectation of removal was here, and that expectation was counterbalanced by a list. The existence of the list is not classic, and is the root cause of the issue here. If there was no list, people wouldn't have stuck around after the other stuff was confirmed removed.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-21-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Agree with Xmaerx.

Sad stories all around. Disappoint. No new red 2.0 and no locket for these poopsock heroes.

Don't know what to say.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You live in 2 dimensions, I see.

It's not the same, because the expectation of removal was here, and that expectation was counterbalanced by a list. The existence of the list is not classic, and is the root cause of the issue here. If there was no list, people wouldn't have stuck around after the other stuff was confirmed removed.
If there wasnt a list, 3 no lifers wouldve took turns and monetized the camp. Everyone knew when the item was going to stop dropping, all timeline patches are automated on green.
Closed Thread