Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speaking of PL, I just love when a PL team shows up in unrest. Hi, I have a level 60 druid PLing me, I could go just about anywhere and farm an empty zone! But I only know unrest, so let's go to where there's already 20 people competing for spawns!
What he said
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O rlly? Says you...

I'm pretty sure I remember Nilbog saying that this server was going to be about making classic EQ "the good with the bad". People being dicks and jerks is a big part of what classic eq was in reality (not the romanticized vision folks want to recall). You want classic eq? Get ready for a game where you can be a good guy or a jerk off without the mechanics of the game stopping you. P1999 wins here, and I love it.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27260

But, I guess its not about that according to some.
I think your making your own argument here and we are actually on the same side. I'm saying I don't agree with the way some people do this technique. I never said it should be removed and I don't have a problem with it as a whole. Like I said, it's all on the person how they handle their reputation. For the most part people are pretty awesome here, but when you find people who are assholes then that's perfectly fine because that's up to them if they care they will be avoided by certain people. If it's not important for them to build a good reputation then sure by all means keep it up, but they will only be digging themselves a grave in the community.

And frankly I would be interested in trying a good PVP server. I rolled a Shaman on Red, but I just haven't dedicated much time into him yet.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

It's not the bards that should be "hated", it's the player. The bard is an amazing class. I don't think people should have prejudice toward all bard's, but of course prejudice is never good. You can swarm without stepping on anyone's toes.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenesis88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the bards that should be "hated", it's the player. The bard is an amazing class. I don't think people should have prejudice toward all bard's, but of course prejudice is never good. You can swarm without stepping on anyone's toes.

AE kited half the time from 16 to 40 and the only complaints I ever got were from other bards who wanted the whole zone to themselves and one or two groups who were camping shit like the giant fort when I accidentally social aggrod their mobs. Not all bards are the enemy and some of us really did go out of our way to make sure there were plenty of mobs for everyone else.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's a difference between swarm kiting and aoe kiting. Second, aoe kiting is not classic because no computer hardware back in 99-(whenever luclin came out) could handle it. When you died, you stayed dead.
Yeah, AOE kiting wasn't really a thing until POP AAs and instruments. But then it got so rampant they put random summoning mobs into zones to combat it.

I still did bugs/golems in POV though, was about 2AA per kite if I pulled the whole area.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
come to red... kill the bard.... nothing stops a swarm kite like a 6 second stun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/\ Love it!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

kiters gonna kite
Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kiters gonna kite
Yes -but there should be strings attached to both.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Drummond; 02-24-2014 at 09:49 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummond [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, and there should be strings attached to both.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but there are
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Bards can only effectively kite in a handful of zones, a well rounded group can xp in tons of places. I don't see the problem.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Closed Thread