Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

I would suggest throwing a fit until they decide against it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Orc

I would have to agree that if something like this ever got implemented I most likely would not make another caster on the server lol.

I play on this server for the classic feel, which includes difficulty to level, hardness of mobs, spells and items available, what zones are populated, etc. UI elements, or removal of good changes to the game that did not adversely effect game play, simply because they weren't that way in classic do not contribute to the classic feel for me.

At the same time on live servers the spellbook was never an issue for me because I'm one of the people that 2 boxed pretty much since 99. (I didn't actually get a second copy until about 4 or 5 months after release when I realized you could not always depend on a group to be available and most classes couldn't solo for crap). So I nearly always had a non caster character that could see what was going on while one was medding lol. That is probably why I don't consider staring at the spellbook an integral part to the classic feeling.

But as others have stated, the people who run this server will pretty much change things how they see fit regardless to how people feel about it. So I'll enjoy the ride until they make one of those changes that I can't handle hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes my pants tighter. I really hope that classic UI project sees the finish line.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Level 35 isn't that hard to get. It'll be like 1/5th of your total time spent leveling that char, yet alone your total time PLAYING that char.

I'm not exactly excited about it going in, but if it does, whatever. It's not going to stop me from making casters ever again. It might make me a little more inclined to pay for PLs to get to 35 though :x

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

When you find out how many more times you will die staring at a spell book a lot of people won't be so happy about it being classic.

You are talking about not being able to see ANYTHING not even the Tank when sitting. Let alone what is coming for you, or how many mobs there are, and if you are crowd control it is a total surprise when you stand what you even need to do. It will suck ass. So the healer in particular is pretty much blind all the time. Oh what fun that is just looking at a F'ing book and the group health bar all day.

And you can kiss your full screen mode away also. He is talking 800 x 600 folks.
Last edited by webrunner5; 02-19-2014 at 08:47 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

That's why it was nice having a melee or two in the group...they stood guard whilst the casters medded up. Solo, it's not a big issue if you plan ahead and med in a place with either no roamers, or at least predictable ones. It's also, historically, a big part of why most tanks/pullers got in the habit of using "incoming!" macros.

That being said, spellbook medding was stupid and I won't lose any sleep if they never get it working.

Danth
Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Banned

Wow some real babies in here.
It was classic and it rocked.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Meh, I really don't want this. Pre-35 hurts casual players more than anything, doesn't affect higher level players. I like this server because I enjoyed eq as a game and an experience how it used to be. I actually feel this would sort of kill the experience as a caster. A lot of sitting literally staring at a blank screen and not being able to enjoy the scenery.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Large Bat

I can only LOL at the level of ridiculous classic fanaticism advocated by some people on the forums (and in game) from time to time.

If they do decide to implement something like this then watch the number of online people permanently drop to the very low hundreds - if even that many.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow some real babies in here.
It was classic and it rocked.
Yall trollin. Or living life rose tinted

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Closed Thread