Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the low population might be the most objective argument against further expansions.
No, the most objective argument is that Luclin and PoP were shit and killed the game world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoK was incredible. It's the best mobilizing zone for any group or raid to go out and adventure. PoK books let you take the adventuring into your own hands.

Nexus is really such a non issue I find it hilarious people include it. You do realize that nexus only provides transport between 5 zones, on a 15min recharge, meaning your trips typically have 15 minute travel time for a North Karana to Greater Faydark port.

Bazaar again incredible, sell while you sleep, pay and get what you want, never have to deal with low ballers, hagglers or resellers.
You have an extremely artificial notion of the game. PoK books ruin adventure and the feeling of the world, plus an aspect of social interaction. This isn't fucking Star-Trek-with-Raids. The game is supposed to be a LOTR-esque world. Nexus is a similar problem, although I'd be okay with an NPC Wizard teleporter at a few of the spires (North Karana, Faydark, Dreadlands) who teleports to a different spire every 10 minutes, with a level 30 requirement to use it and needing to pay something for it.

Bazaar cuts out social interaction. You're not supposed to be able to play the game while you sleep. The game isn't supposed to be about just going from fucking point A to point B and farming. It's supposed to place you in a world that is dangerous and alive, where you need to journey and engage in local communities. Not just solo hop all around the world, unless you are specifically a class with that ability who has gotten to a high enough level to do so.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Ha Luclin and PoP definitly didn't suck or ruin/ kill anything. That's so wrong. Although bazaar killed some player interaction it was nice in regards to making selling/ buying less frustrating at times.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Banned

None, I would rather see custom content made with the content that is not quite used often in EQ.. like idk a level 50+ cat dungeon based off the cat island near tox.

Maybe seasons in norrath, with different named cycles per season?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would like anything that zones from everfrost area/north karana.. a classic feeling expansion zone from that area would be cool. Maybe a Dwarven Mountain stronghold, where they delv too deeply into the mountains of northern Karana/everfrost and woke the dead?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My biggest problem with ALL the everquest expansions, was the art just sucked compared to the origional art, but you can see by simply swapping textures and not re-creating any models, you can create more, better art than all the expansions could provide combined:

Maybe the gnomes open a portal to a rift in steamfront and make that a zone we travel through that awesome city nobody see's to get there.

Maybe a new frog dungeon? off of the frog city zone NOBODY goes to in kunark? Maybe a REAL frog city? Not that empty ass one nobody goes to for any reason other than 1 stinking quest that like 1% of people do? With some new color frogs?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Perhaps a re-creation of a zone simmilar to Cazic Thule, only 50+

There is a lot that could be done, that would be better than any Post Velious ugly ass non-cannon eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by mickmoranis; 09-24-2016 at 09:25 PM..
Old 09-25-2016, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Start working on it, then.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start working on it, then.
id rather you just praised me for my great ideas while I slept and watched netflix tho
Old 09-25-2016, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Ideas are cheap, everyone has dozens.

Putting in the work and getting out something usable and of value is what's hard.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Only thing imo, PoP w/o PoK for custom. old models.
But I'd be happier just seeing a new blue style progression server from the beginning again. maybe half speed on expansions.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id rather you just praised me for my great ideas while I slept and watched netflix tho
When you have some, post them and we'll praise you!
Also - I know it's a difficult concept, and I hate to bring it up, but...Uh well...gosh this is hard. Let me just say it straight out: as it turns out, someone can have opinions about things that aren't the same as yours, and they are still valid. As it turns out, you are not exactly right in all your opinions. At least, that's the best info we have right now, we have our BEST guys working on it, I can assure you of that, and if it turns out that you actually ARE right in all your opinions we'll let you know immediately.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Large Rat

Luclin (because Ssra temple is to cool and Aten ha ra is awesome) but remove bazaar / "new player skin"/horses/ and we good!
Oh and PoP , because the gods encounters are to fun ( Rallos zek / Rathe council / Fenin ro and such and such !!

( Oh and Aaxp gives reasons to exp hardcore at max lvl still )
Last edited by foufou2016; 09-25-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Large Bat

Just curious of peoples Ideas for a modified PoK? &/or Nexus/Bazaar

Like lay down your rules, changes etc
Closed Thread