Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

That is odd. I'm not sure exactly how you did the patching, but is it possible you drag/dropped them from the zip file, and missed a file in the process or something?

In any case, good luck with redoing everything, and again if it doesn't work right away try changing your graphics card drivers (on Linux Mint you can use the "Driver Manager"), and if that doesn't help try playing with those checkboxes in winecfg (and if that doesn't work, maybe try a different WINE version).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

There are a lot of arrows and screencaps in this thread so Idk what is going on but I think rogue is the most simple class to play. Log in, shout LFG, invis walk to it, join, stab, log off.

It's a lot of fun! But you do gotta wait around sometimes because there isn't much you can do alone.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I love my rogue for lots of reasons,
but that laid back and non-stressful gameplay
action with minimal responsibility and big
dick numbers is really enjoyable.
Honestly besides needing a group most of the time, there aren't a lot of cons to the rogue class for me. Idk if if it's the simplest class in EQ but its definitely pretty easy and straight forward.

*Blue Server*
Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)
*PQ*
Kelliam Shadowscale (57 Iksar Necromancer)

Old 04-15-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

If you patched the files but it says spells file is outdate, you probably did someting wrong when patching.

The best is to put the P99Files53.zip in your P99 directory, then run the following commands in a terminal:
Code:
cd <p99 directory>
unzip P99Files53.zip
Enter A when asked to overwrite files.

Then you should be good to go.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you patched the files but it says spells file is outdate, you probably did someting wrong when patching.
First, SUCCESS!!!! Yay! Thanks EVERYONE for help!!!

Not sure what I did. Installed new Linux, repeated steps, same result. But then after some more fiddling, don't know what did it, now it works. There was some error in the terminal about ncurses so I reinstalled it among few other things.

Very nice thing about Linux MX is, I will now with 2-3 mouse clicks create installable ISO file and after that, I can install MX with the game in it into another computer. Perfect!

Back to the game, got into the game, choose Druid, Halfling, talked to nearest NPC, gave him note, got my first armor and xp points, I put two spells into spellbar, so i'm ready! Outside I talked to NPC who is helping young Druids. Good, that's exactly what I need. Well hi disappeared while I was looking around. I saw some vegetable on the floor, I sold it for a few silver and he was gone. My help gone! How cruel is this!?! Not fair! A bug report!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So I went to look for him. I run around few corners and now I'm properly lost. Already, who would of think so lol. After 15 minutes running around, still lost. Mostly running in the same area but that starting area disappeared on me. Another bug he-he. I have read somewhere, that Druids get spell 'gate' at level 5. This will be my most important spell! Boy I already need it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two players asked/shouted in chat for transport. I could already be making some money if I would know what I'm doing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, fun start. I hope one day I get out of this maze lol

But the most important, to everyone, thank you all again for all of the help and suggestions. Will try for a few more minutes, I'm ready to kill something with lvl 0.1-0.2. Then I will log out and create iso file and install everything on another computer. Tomorrow I will try to get out of this maze. If I'm next week still here, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ten someone will have to come and pick me up and for free on top of it lol lol lol

Take care everyone and thanks for all the help!
Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I love my rogue for lots of reasons,
Honestly besides needing a group most of the time
Well I will be playing without groups most of the time, So Rouge is not viable for me.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

There are a couple options you can use for in game maps, but I'm not sure how well they work under Linux. They both operate by reading your log file so you'll need to enable logging and bind one of your movement keys to do a /loc (and optionally sense heading).

The maps will display in a different window other than your game window, and will put a little arrow on the map and your orientation based on where you are and where you're pointing. It sounds like this might be helpful for you.

One is called nparse, that one has spell timers built in as well so you can see when your buffs/dots are wearing off. The one I prefer is called ZLiz as it uses the old EQAtlas maps which just look better.

I'll leave it to the Linux nerds to explain if it can be done with your setup though, I don't know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: oh, and I concur on the halfling druid, it should fit your playstyle nicely, there are also several player guides that explain some of the more nuanced things you can do, just search the wiki for "player guides" and scroll to the druid ones.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 04-15-2020, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling Druid is like the rogue of the caster classes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I concur that it is fun to play and chill.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Why in the hell am I thinking of making a dark elf magician right now.. especially instead of a superior enchanter.. a weaker class, with an impossible epic..
Old 04-15-2020, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elf mages look cool with Helot skull helms and Mage epics and gloves of rallos zek. Throw on a pair of GEBs and a Crimson Robe of Arudene and you can taste the rainbow.
Closed Thread