Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-06-2022, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be an even bigger shitshow with 500 people desyncing the zone and training and petitioning each other every spawn.

It would, however, make RnF more fun.
I disagree. The early weeks would be chaotic with people/guilds not understanding how to plan things properly. Kael and ToV could be a shitshow if 2 or 3 of the big guilds show up to contest a dragon, but I'd argue it already is one at times. Also blue at best has around 500 players online on average, your estimate is wrong here.

If 7 day bosses were reduced to a + or - 3 hour variance instead of 24, then every mid tier guild would start recruiting aggressively, set themselves a target that wouldn't be a priority and then plan things once they know the timer after a quake.

Big guilds will still prioritize KT/Doze/Statue but due to no double FTE rules, it would open a window for smaller guilds to get at least an attempt or two on the lesser targets and work from there. By the time the bigger guilds are done fighting over the top prized targets, almost all of the mid/lesser targets will have been cleaned out by 5+ guilds eventually, sort of emulating raiding tier content without actually enforcing it.

Guilds that still contest everything and "compete" will be shown to actually want competition. The twats that cry on discord or R&F about how "everyone is out to get them" will show their true colors when they avoid going head to head and try to snipe a lesser target from a smaller guild.

Just sick and tired of some of these clowns yapping about competition when it's not about racing or executing a fight but rather who can stand at a spot while furiously fapping for hours about the pixels they might get.

This game has been played over 23 years now. The tech has changed. There's YT, Wikis, discord, 3rd party apps, guidance from veterans that have done this shit thousands of times. At least the sweaty nerds on WoW can rub their nipples when they get a world server first kill on a brand new expansion to a boss nobody has seen. Just what the fuck did you accomplish here? I swear some of these kids feel so proud sitting down 18 hours on their shit bucket while drinking beer which conveniently can be used as an urinal. Or a guild leader that berates you for not socking hard enough...I get it, everyone has their own motivation playing this game. But please, don't act like you set some fucking Guiness record on something, there's no gold medal in the Olympics for being unemployed and friendless. Hope this helps the OP of this thread.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. The early weeks would be chaotic with people/guilds not understanding how to plan things properly. Kael and ToV could be a shitshow if 2 or 3 of the big guilds show up to contest a dragon, but I'd argue it already is one at times. Also blue at best has around 500 players online on average, your estimate is wrong here.

If 7 day bosses were reduced to a + or - 3 hour variance instead of 24, then every mid tier guild would start recruiting aggressively, set themselves a target that wouldn't be a priority and then plan things once they know the timer after a quake.

Big guilds will still prioritize KT/Doze/Statue but due to no double FTE rules, it would open a window for smaller guilds to get at least an attempt or two on the lesser targets and work from there. By the time the bigger guilds are done fighting over the top prized targets, almost all of the mid/lesser targets will have been cleaned out by 5+ guilds eventually, sort of emulating raiding tier content without actually enforcing it.

Guilds that still contest everything and "compete" will be shown to actually want competition. The twats that cry on discord or R&F about how "everyone is out to get them" will show their true colors when they avoid going head to head and try to snipe a lesser target from a smaller guild.

Just sick and tired of some of these clowns yapping about competition when it's not about racing or executing a fight but rather who can stand at a spot while furiously fapping for hours about the pixels they might get.

This game has been played over 23 years now. The tech has changed. There's YT, Wikis, discord, 3rd party apps, guidance from veterans that have done this shit thousands of times. At least the sweaty nerds on WoW can rub their nipples when they get a world server first kill on a brand new expansion to a boss nobody has seen. Just what the fuck did you accomplish here? I swear some of these kids feel so proud sitting down 18 hours on their shit bucket while drinking beer which conveniently can be used as an urinal. Or a guild leader that berates you for not socking hard enough...I get it, everyone has their own motivation playing this game. But please, don't act like you set some fucking Guiness record on something, there's no gold medal in the Olympics for being unemployed and friendless. Hope this helps the OP of this thread.
8 guilds showing up at once... The zone would desync, because historically that's happened. Population wouldn't be 500 in a 6 hour window. The casuals would have a poopsock party, because historically that has happened, even back in the days when the average population peak was 400 on a Friday night. Make things accessible and people will show up to access it.

I agree with most of what you say though.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since when did Jutebox and a handful of other "select" players get to decide what happens to everyone on p99 Blue? What's up with Menden and Galach kowtowing to the mob?

We've had the draft for almost two years now and what has that accomplished? Kittens has been in ToV, outside of a quake, a handful of times at most and only in the past 6-8 weeks? They also have enough ST keys to compete there, yet never do.

TSS - even less than kittens.

All other draft guilds - eashen guards and hot, that's it. I may have seen one attempt at an LTK since the drafts' inception, which Vanquish and Riot chose not to pursue as a target as an incentive.

"we want to learn tactics" - There's over 20 years of information online on each and every encounter, look it up. None of it has changed at all when there is zero competition. Competition is what breeds innovative ways to succeed.

"It's wildly popular" - are you a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert? Of course "FREE SHIT" is "wildly popular"! Who would have thought!?

The bottom line is that all of you don't want to compete, which is where the fun and magic is, and you just want free shit. You're playing the wrong game / server.
EQ wasn't designed to be competitive nor did original GM's want that.. competition is playing on RED cause you can actually hit other players. In before 'blahblahblah PvE competition'. Yeah there's WoW for that or instances on live.

left riot nearly a year go and I was pulling severilous and winning the races yet the 'competition' would RIP the dragon off mid-pull and try to leash it away. They don't get punished then lie about not knowing what they are doing. Took me awhile to figure out the server is mostly just for shit n giggles and tryna succeed doing raid mobs optimally and efficient with FRIENDS even if the encounter goes badly; cause then there's something to laugh about. The "competition" on blue is mostly " How do I gather evidence to prove yer guilty or innocent doing X".. aka lawyer questing.

Shitty raid scene

Also the server is free to play on.. No one is forcing you to raid on quakes. You want to end drafts (I assume) Yet complain and are concerned there's too many quakes which result in burnt out players needing rest. Don't Draft picks then also give time for players to relax? Again.. No one is forcing you to kill these raid targets immediately.

Devalued items...? All items inherently have no value because its a 20 year old elf-game and only less than 2k ppl play it. Some speed running Twitch streamers have more users on a regular basis. I suppose their Emojis in chat is worth way more value than ToV loot.

Go outside LOL
Old 08-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear some of these kids feel so proud sitting down 18 hours on their shit bucket while drinking beer which conveniently can be used as an urinal.
Most of these "kids" are 40+ years old. They just happen to be less accomplished than you, maybe. Accomplished meaning outside of P99, obvs.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're jumping to conclusions about what you think might happen if competition dies. You don't know, and pretending to only makes you made like this.

I understand a lot of people like competition on this server. That's cool. But again, to claim the game is built up for competition is silly. Its much easier to argue its built for COOPERATION.
No, i'm not jumping to conclusions. History has proven this to be correct.

EQ Live did just that and it died. No one talks about anything past Omens of War and no one gives a shit. They instanced it for all of you who don't want to interact with anyone outside of your guilds and comfort zones and it was one of the main reasons it destroyed the experience we all loved.

While cooperation is key, it only goes to a certain level. Past that, it's just redundant, flavorless, and boring. That's why we all left in 2005.

We knew back then, just as now, that those great times were gone forever. Now, you want to do the same thing here.

Shame on you
Old 08-06-2022, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh you chose to completely ignore the context of this interview and the reality of p99.

<Aradune> "..we're hoping there will simply be less crowding and therefore less competition.." Is that the case here on p99?

<Aradune> "EQ, though, is a social game, based on interdependence in many ways." You've just proven the point I was making. This game, the very best parts of it, rely upon interdependence with one another. You, nor any other player, hast the right to dictate less interaction with other people on the server simply because you don't like it.

<Aradune> "I'd try to positively address some of the following problems: camping, players outleveling their friends, kill stealing, etc.....But I won't say how [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "

Again, you choose to ignore the context as well as the vision for the future that Brad was attempting. He never knew there would be any time locked server based upon what many consider the best Everquest experience timeline ever.

You are neglecting the time locked server that you play on, the very reason for being here. If you truly wanted no interaction outside of those you want to play with, you'd be on Live or another server instead of here and agreeing with those that want less interaction.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao do you literally have so little of a life outside of P99 that you’re getting bent out of shape over this?

“Omg sometimes a guild doesn’t try to compete on certain content because they aren’t the guild filled with no life neckbeards who have nothing better to do than do the same raid for the 1 millionth time on an emulated server for a 23 year old video game!!!!!!!! How dare they!!!!!! They are terrible and we are the best!!!!!”
Cd288

You average over 2 posts per day for the last four years and have the audacity and hubris to call anyone out for speaking about something they have already experienced on Live and don't wish to see here - Catastrophe.

You have no clue how the raid scene operates based upon your statement above. You are agreeing with my views even though you don't realize it. I don't want to "do the same raid for the 1 millionth time" without any innovation or interaction with others, a la competition.

I did that for 16 months in Riot and it was the most boring, flavorless, monotony ever.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean this guy is citing his P99 pixels from 2015 as being evidence of his opinions on EQ, his whole concept revolves around this emu not the original game it pays tribute to, doubtful he ever raided in 99-01.
Xegony from launch - Depths of Darkhollow into 2006
Toon: Sapp
Guilds: Doom (Legends of Kesmai crossover), Immortal, Noble Companions, Remnants of Power

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1192351
Old 08-06-2022, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's hilarious to see him crying about no competition when he doesn't address the most obvious reason as to why it's the case. Competition in his mind is all about who gets the FTE and a guild able to tank and spank the boss. P99 competition however is having 4+ targets in a + or - 24h window on a typical raid week, having 20 alts parked on target 1, teams of trackers taking shifts to hit that batphone like working at a McDonald's, sweaty neckbeards at the race line waiting to be the big hero. All the resources online on top of cheating 3rd party software like GINA isn't the reason why casuals can't compete. It's because of the big time variance.

If GM's abolished super draft, but instead reduced the 7 day cycle to a 6 hour window and the 3 days to a 2 hour window, a lot of the mid tier guilds going nowhere atm would bother to show up and try to do these bosses. Sure they would most likely fail early on in getting the FTE or even executing the fight but given enough time there actually would be real competition on the mobs and not about who can take a shit the longest while waiting 15+hours for a pop. I mean some of these clowns are sweaty enough to even sock a quake... then they wonder why the majority can't or won't join their sockfest.
You clearly haven't raided in a very long time to even make these generalizations. You should really try to keep up with current events.

Okay, Kunark guy.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:07 PM
Banned

Btw, 340 people in ToV yesterday and it was awesome. Very little friction to be had, communication was healthy, joking and bullshitting in /ooc.

Anyone else notice that the loudest, most disgruntled, and "pissed off at the world" folks here represent about 10% of the population? The rest of server gets along just fine. We all have friends across many guilds and help each other frequently, even while raiding.

There's a false picture being portrayed here and in p99 blue general Discord regarding raiding on p99, they're the same culprits who say "oh the raid scene is so bad, poopsocking, neckbeards, 20+ years elf sim, etc". It's not, it's actually quite fun when we leave you 10% out of the equation.

The two hour back and forth struggle over Vulak alone was worth more than any of your constant reeeing for rotations (draft) and instancing. No one cares about the lvl 47 alt that won an abashi's, no disrespect intended to them.

Everyone remembers the struggle.