Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the proposed resist system changes
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Going back to lurking now. Godspeed + may your neckbeards shine brightly in norrath.

If I come back to this after GW2 gets stale I will roll a druid or wizzie and torment melees so I don't have to be the guy talking about classic resists.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DESTIN: i think you might be confused on how balance for resists might be obtained. surely the availability of mr gear for the average player was considered. do you at least agree with that logic? or do you think the numbers were completely made up on the spot?

what factors do you think went into balancing the resist system 13 years ago?
since Destin is down for the count, I am asking all of you. What factors were considered when balancing pvp resists? If the knowledge and availability of resist gear was a factor, would you not think it would be different 13 years later when everything is written out on a wiki?
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-12-2012 at 02:09 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Balance was EQ classic resists. It was fine. I enjoyed playing all classes.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Banned

What made EQ classic resists balanced? again you fail to say anything relevant to the questions or points i brought up. Would you not think that the availability of resist gear (both knowledge of where to get the resist gear and the ability to camp it) for the average player played a part in determining the resists? Surely they didnt just come up with random numbers and it was good to go.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-12-2012 at 02:20 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

In my 1400 posts, no less than 200 of them have been about resists. Do a search.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Banned

lol Destin can't think of a way to turn this around. probably asking Nizzar what to do. winning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

You are bind rushing, with a pile of your corpses at your feet. Fortunately you can't delevel past 1.

I'm not going to be trolled by some cracked out dude with ADD who is too lazy to read what I've said for the last year. Just in the last few pages, Searyx has already reiterated what I've said in numerous posts.

Step away dude, you are just embarrassing yourself.
Last edited by Dullah; 09-12-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Skeleton

Unless I've missed something, so far it seems like Samwise is the only one to do any significant testing on this server and to consider how several actual pvp battles have gone here, rather than theory/old-memory/hyperbole.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

What testing is there to do?

I need 140 mr to achieve 95% resist rate as a monk, to this day -- I still need to equip a shield of rainbow hues to achieve that. I needed 51 mr to resist root in classic eq.

I dont like this instagib version of everquest where every nukes lands for full unless you have 20 pieces of resist gear equipped. I dont like to be rooted/snared/mesmerized/stunned by people 8 levels lower than me when I have twice as much MR as the needed classic equivalent.

Fact is, theres no melee on this server. Only a select few who had access to the really good gear are sticking around. Everyone else is running "non classic" wizard 3sec nukes that were "easily" resisted back on classic.

Vayder or nirgon, pull out some numbers for draughts while you're at it.

Want a tip against rogues and monks? Damage shields and dont stay in melee range. move out of the way. I heard if you run, I cant catch you.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

while we are at it, t-staff 8-sec stun is unresistable in pvp. monks wtfpwn any other class right now, thank you!
Closed Thread