Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-31-2024, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a lil too mean, bud... I'm gonna ban ur swarmcaller from proccing for 3 days.
My swarmcaller has been a dick the last few times I logged in. I’m not sure I would notice the difference [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

29 pages to go!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-31-2024, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't back this up. Simply saying so is irrelevant.

Please post your normal distribution for the dot damage over a 2 minute fight.
There's nothing normal about your math. I have already showed you the only way it can be calculated.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing normal about your math. I have already showed you the only way it can be calculated.
You seem to not know what a Normal Distribution is then. Normal Distribution is how you calculate the odds of having a 50% chance to get heads on a single coin flip. You are looking at how many heads and tails you get over an infinite amount of coin flips.

For a supposed engineer, you should know this basic knowledge. But if you learned something from this, I will be glad to have taught you!

[0, 1] / 2 = 0.5 for a coin flip. This is the same notation I used for my other calculations, just to make it easier for you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2024 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-31-2024, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

That is not how you calculate those odds, and that is not a well-founded understanding of a normal distribution. You're looking for the Law of Large Numbers. I posted it earlier.

It's worth noting that DSM does in fact agree with me regarding the basic mechanics of procs, although he is no longer willing to say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you swing exactly once, it either procs or does not proc. The chance of a proc on that one swing is 10.4%, and the chance of no proc on that one swing is 89.6%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the same exact time that you swing, you have a 12% chance to proc the weapon. There is nothing more complicated going on. They are both independent dice rolls that trigger on a per swing basis.
The proc % chance depends upon the weapon delay and dexterity, of course.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's worth noting that DSM does in fact agree with me regarding the basic mechanics of procs, although he is no longer willing to say so.
Another strawman, and nonsense. He forgets that I said you have a 31.2% chance to proc over 3 swings.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=615

Using simple math: 31.2 / 3 = 10.4%. He simply didn't catch this because he wasn't focused on the solution.

Quote:
You are saying Binomial Distributions are the only way to do the calculation, but now you agree Normal Distributions exist:

Quote:
that is not a well-founded understanding of a normal distribution.
So why did you say Binomial Distributions are the only way to do it?
Old 01-31-2024, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Using simple math: 31.2 / 3 = 10.4%. He simply didn't catch this because he wasn't focused on the solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have a 31.2% chance to proc with three swings at 10.4% each, you have a 29.07% chance. You get 0.312 procs of expected value, but 0.0213 of them are bound up in the cases where you proc two or three times out of the three swings, so your chances of proccing at least once are only 29.07%.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Please explain how Normal Distributions and Uniform Distributions work in comparison to Binomial Distributions. We are getting closer! He has conceded that Binomial Distributions are not the only way to calculate averages, since he admits Normal Distributions exist.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

I don't think you understand what a probability distribution is. That's alright, most people don't need that knowledge.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

this is what brad wanted. 71 pages of theoryQuesting. it makes us all better
Old 01-31-2024, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't think you understand what a probability distribution is. That's alright, most people don't need that knowledge.
You seemed to eager to teach before. Remember when you said:

Quote:
But now you admit Normal Distributions exist. Uniform Distributions exist too. Please show us the averages of how much damage the DoT will do using a Normal Distribution, and a Uniform Distribution.

Also, please explain why you are choosing to use a Binomial Distribution in a set of averages that are not using Binomial Distributions.