Sarnak

Kunark drops next week ya'llz get rdy
Old 10-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Can't get the damn game to work.... sigh
Old 10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't get the damn game to work.... sigh
Playing on PC or MAC? Here's a link to the wiki getting started page.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started
Old 10-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Feel free to get on the forums http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php and post in technical support, or send me a PM on TAKP and I can try to help. Logging into the chat on the forums is another place to potentially get help if people are around. For sure grabbing one of the clients from the link Halimen posted is a good first step to ensure a clean setup.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My kingdom for a PoP server with enforced rules on boxing...
this
Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Large Rat

Kunark releases tomorrow. Rejoice!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks interesting even if I don't like the idea of boxing.. why do I crave a server that goes to PoP i have no idea
I think most crave it because of the perceived notion there's so much raid content. Luclin and POP get a lot of activity, but if I remember right, people may have even still been doing Kael raids? Epics are still useful. Raiding in EQ up through even SOD included a lot of expansions. But it seems with SoF and UF and later expansions all of the guilds concentrated in the latest expansion. I was there just the past year (or two? 2013?) and there were still posts about it in the forums. I think most of the modern raiding population doesn't care, but old timers remember a LASTING raiding experience across several expansion.

I'll admit I always wanted a POP capped server like AlKabor but for Windows PC's. But that was many moons ago. I don't care about it anymore. (EQ is too old hat now.) POP is also nice because you're killing the Gods. It just seems to make up for Luclin's alien misadventure. But Gates of Discord/DODH/OoW continued the alien style, IMHO. Somebody must have liked it...

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 10-07-2015 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

You crave PoP because it is the pinnacle of EQ. Almost everything was balanced in PoP.

Every single expansion makes sense in a PoP lock server. Some epics are still BiS or are needed for clicky, therefore Kunark is still around.

Velious can be raided for twink items or some BiS items (Dozekar). If the sleeper isnt awake then Sleepers is an awesome place to farm. KT and AoW loots are needed to gear up main tanks.

Luclin allows for more casual raid targets (Umbral Plains, revamped CT, Akeva Ruins, GE, Some of SSRA.) And introduces AAs which is something to do at max level.

And then you have PoP, which makes tradeskills useful again, classes are balanced via AAs. An awesome progression system which rewards you with zones if you are a raider. Plethora of 1-2 group raid mobs.

There are so many other reasons why PoP is the best expansion. All you will hear from people against PoP is the fact that it introduces books.
Last edited by surron; 10-07-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Old 10-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

PoP is my ideal server. It took a lot of the "suck" out of EQ, without watering it down too much (though I think the books cross that line, but I dig the rest).

Even if current blue doesnt progress past Velious, Ive always held out hope they would continue through till PoP on another box....
Old 10-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Large Rat

Kunark has started off great. Lots of people helping others with epics, new zones for gear and experience. It's a great time to check out TAKP! This community is A+.
Closed Thread