Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-28-2022, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh
My problem with the police is they probably told some armed dads they couldn’t go in. Ok, you don’t want to go in? Fine. But let some father go save his child or die in the attempt. I’m 99% sure I would’ve let the cops kill me before I stood outside waiting for the knowledge that my children inside bled out with their final moments being pure torment.

This guy gets it. Surely he cant be the only one.
Texans need more gun practice to get gud. Maybe, i dunno.
The best response Smelizondo has is to burns ward me or call me names. Or unrelated abortion/covid posts and links.
Never any answers of substance. I get it, this is rants and flames no wait. Nvm.
The problem is yours. But some of us here share the grief of these situations with you.
We have few related shootings here and it gets to me. Again and again they happen there and there appears to be no answer. Yas are stuck in a circle.
Geometry may help.

Link me up Elizondope!
Old 05-29-2022, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Strange things happen when you import your police force.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
catching up on the thread. man what a hero
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At the end of the day what you're ultimately saying is "kids (and other innocent people) should die so that I can have my fantasy (and again, it is a fantasy) of some day using guns to stand up to a corrupt US government." Because again, unlike cars and hammers, we don't need guns.
At the end of the day what you're ultimately saying is "based on no evidence whatsoever, I want to give up the 2nd most important right in our "bill of rights" to an increasingly totalitarian government on the hopes that the possibility that losing this right MIGHT make us more safe, and that I am unready to admit that guns are the least significant contributor to the dangers of the decayed society I live in"

Regarding "we don't need guns" tell that to a 110lb woman who makes the mistake of existing while simultaneously needing to occasionally (god forbid, REGULARLY) walk home in the dark.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but there's a mountain of evidence showing that some (obviously not all; the details matter) gun control laws do reduce gun violence.
I have to ask, are you being intentionally dense or are you still honestly thinking that this point needs to be made?

If there was a reduction in bodies of water, there would be a reduction in drowning deaths.

If there was a reduction in guns, there would be a reduction in gun deaths.

This is a logical certainty, it requires no study, and is the exact same thing as 1 + 1 equals 2.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so easy once you figure this out.

Because out of all the solutions only one is unconstitutional.
quoted for truth.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This, so much. It's not the 2nd amendment standing between us and an elite government takeover of America ... it's the Americans serving under them.

But, our right-wing fantasies about the need to keep our citizenry armed with as much weaponry as possible ... like it was 1776 all over again and they needed protection because the British were coming ... is killing real children today.
So you're making the argument that since the government is so big and evil, and that you think the humans in the military are depraved enough to mass murder americans on US Soil, that it makes sense to give up your 2nd amendment right.

That doesn't seem like a sound chain of logic.

Also do the fucking math US owned guns vs actual US soldiers. It comes back to the US military needing to mass bomb entire populations if it came to an actual rebellion, and again, the fact that the US government could and might consider mass bombing us is NOT a compelling argument to abandon the second amendment.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simples...
Shooter was flagged pvp. Cops were bluebies. Blame the seperation of servers.
Solution, merge Red and Blue.
thread is over please close
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

I cant stand listening to people say the government would never take over when they literally hyperventilating about a fake insurrection for 2 years.

after 3 years of failed attempts to remove someone from the whitehouse they said that PUTIN put there.

The civil war is happening, the democrats started the first and this one, and they want the guns gone because they know they are going to lose this one without that happening.

Ill keep my guns because people like loramin and horza accusing me of being a racist fascist when all i want is to stop manufacturing in china.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so easy once you figure this out.

Because out of all the solutions only one is unconstitutional.
JPS in 2018 gently reminded everyone that gotta do something about the 2nd to get any real change and everyone from every side got super aggro at him.

poor little justice emeritus.