Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Kobold

p99 should be a standalone game to avoid any licensing issues
Old 12-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Buddy if you clickthrough my EULA one time I own all your code in perpetuity until the end of time.

This is well settled law!
Old 12-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't mean anything though, you like constantly do this.

You're like, Well I decree by taking donations that it is a legitimate business!

Its like one thing does not mean the other, it just means there is a donate button there.

You can have a donate button on a dog fighting website.
Was I not responding to someone who "just decreed" that all legal action against P99 was futile because they weren't legal? They're allowed to do that but I'm not allowed to respond?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like they are operating on Tor or something. They are running an legit enough operation to take Paypal donations.
They are not making money off of the Everquest IP. Why do you think RMT is banned? Once RMT starts happening, that is a BIG no no because the P99 dev's are directly making money off of Everquest. Donations are in a different category unless there is proof you are committing fraud. That is why charities are able to accept money without going through the same legal processes as businesses. The donations are only there to keep the server going, the P99 dev's are not allowed to use the money for anything else.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are not making money off of the Everquest IP. Why do you think RMT is banned? Once RMT starts happening, that is a BIG no no because the P99 dev's are directly making money off of Everquest. Donations are in a different category unless there is proof you are committing fraud. That is why charities are able to accept money without going through the same legal processes as businesses. The donations are only there to keep the server going, the P99 dev's are not allowed to use the money for anything else.
This has nothing to do with the EverQuest IP. It's (literally) about the EQ Emulator IP. SOE is a company, EQ Emulator is an open source project.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Kobold

can't devs still be making money off RMT but say they're against it in public?

who is to know Bundoggle a newly created level 1 human mage with 10000k for $5 wasn't just spun up by a dev?

really instead of the source code, we need dev logs and bank accounts to actively monitor this RMT stance they claim to have.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was I not responding to someone who "just decreed" that all legal action against P99 was futile because they weren't legal? They're allowed to do that but I'm not allowed to respond?
You're allowed to respond but this response of yours is:

1. Accusatory (of an actual crime)
2. not researched
3. damaging to the integrity of this entire project
4. likely incorrect
5. a big guess
6. could shut this down because rumors are the only threat to this project
7. this is a mod all mods are given carblanch to do anything by the license holder of the brand and......
8. ........the only thing that would shut a mod down is bad word of mouth of shady practices

If I was in charge you'd be in jail with abacaba for this blatent hostile attack against p99 and staff bashing thread, accusing them of crimes.

but I am a little evil dark elf.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the EverQuest IP. It's literally about the EQ Emulator IP.
You are LITERALLY playing Everquest. Do you not realize everything in the Everquest client is NOT owned by the P99 devs? It is owned by the company that owns the Everquest IP. You cannot have an Everquest emulator without that lol.

Normally it is illegal to take someone else's product and re-distribute it as your own. That is why P99 is a pretty unique case, most emulators get shut down.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

I hope disney buys everquest and deletes all reccord of the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2021, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
6. could shut this down because rumors are the only threat to this project
I like that I say thsi then go around posting that hitler is alive and driving a space car made of baby bones to the white house every morning.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(im full of shit loramin)
Closed Thread