Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone is some jobless lowlife who wants to spend hundreds of hours a month playing a 13 year old game with no reward other than some stats in a window (AKA you).

It's not about "raiding" it's about what you and the P99 raiding community call "raiding". This debacle is not the dev's fault, it's yours. The only ones to blame are yourselves, I hope some day you'll understand this.

I also hope you realize that it's your bitching and moaning that has caused the devs to make things worse for you. It's blatantly obvious the reason they actually implemented non-classic FTE shouts is so they would potentially have less work to do while they develop more content for the server as a whole. They have stated time and time again that they don't give a shit what you think when it comes to this kind of thing.

The project 1999 "raiding community" has made this bed, at most the devs have supplied the lighting. Continue to sleep in it for a while longer.
Make things worse for who? The same guilds that were getting the loot still are, it's a minor inconvenience to them. They already poopsock for days, you think another day or two really hurts them in the long run when there are several other targets doing the same overlap? It just shows you how clueless you are to things you're commenting on.

The staff/devs literally changed the wait timer from 8 to 10 for the guilds already rolling around in this shitting p99 raid scene. However, they changed the requirement to join the raid scene from 10 to 100 for smaller guilds. This is what you don't understand. The majority of the people want to raid, they don't want to jump through non-classic hopes (if you'd actually read and comprehend).

If staff wants to keep kicking everyone else in the teeth so they can have the chance to inconvenience a bunch of no-lifers for a few more hours, then so be it. I don't think it's going to go over well with all the people you think of as "doesn't want to raid".

You try to prove some point as if I'm upset, because of what TMO or FE has to keep doing. You're flat wrong. If I were still raiding, it wouldn't bother me in the least, it's just a little more of what we were already doing and it puts an even further gap between casual and hardcore which means more loot for my guild members.

Anyone that has ever seen me suggest changes to these raid variations and repops know that I only want it so that more people can join in.

You on the other hand, want to watch the world burn so you can see some fatty wait an extra 30bseconds for their Twinkie to fall out of the vending machine.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You on the other hand, want to watch the world burn so you can see some fatty wait an extra 30bseconds for their Twinkie to fall out of the vending machine.
This is exactly what I was talking about before. No matter how much I vehemently disagree with 99% of the things that you post, it's gems like this that will forever keep you off of my ignore list. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have this backwards.

There are tons of people who want to raid, just not in the current set-up (tracking, variance, poopsocking). I don't know of anyone but ka(whatever) that states he just doesn't want to raid.
I don't have it backwards, let me make a chart for you:

Don't want to Raid------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Want to Raid
Trade Federation -- Knights of Ni -- Flawless Victory -- Divinity -- Taken -- Bregan D`Aerth - Forceful Entry/The Mystical Order
.................................................. .....|----------------------------------------- Population of "want to raid" --------------------------------|
.................................................. .....|------ Population of "will not poopsock" -------|

* The guilds listed are meant to be representative and not exact. I apologize for offending any guild.
There's plenty that would like to raid, have raided even, but refuse to participate in the 'sock.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Banned

Your chart is compelling and I suppose I have no choice but to agree. Perhaps I underestimate the bloatedness of TMO/FE's active membership numbers. Assuming you are saying their numbers alone are 1/3 of the active server pop. (Believable but scary) Maybe I was in denial?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have it backwards, let me make a chart for you:

Don't want to Raid------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Want to Raid
Trade Federation -- Knights of Ni -- Flawless Victory -- Divinity -- Taken -- Bregan D`Aerth - Forceful Entry/The Mystical Order
.................................................. .....|----------------------------------------- Population of "want to raid" --------------------------------|
.................................................. .....|------ Population of "will not poopsock" -------|

* The guilds listed are meant to be representative and not exact. I apologize for offending any guild.
There's plenty that would like to raid, have raided even, but refuse to participate in the 'sock.
This is confusing as fuck, why couldn't you just use fractions or percentages or something lol.

I have this feeling we are saying something very similar.

Edit: I even put it in notepad and tried to make it look like something other than jumbled dashes, lines and guild names but I couldn't.
Last edited by Autotune; 03-05-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

So this just discourages any guild that isn't willing to have trackers setup watching for 4-5 days of a window with mains camped. As someone apart of the largest casual raiding guild on the server, this change makes the time-requirement to even attempt a dragon even larger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I understand the rush of mobilization, but if any guild besides FE/TMO wants a target, the level of time commitment is insane, especially for a guild that is "casual". As if sitting around clicking track endlessly for days wasn't bad enough--the best solutions to allow guilds such as Taken, BDA, Flawless Victory, Divinity, and Full Circle to attempt a mob such as sev or faydedar (which i am sure they all have the #s and levels for.. the mobs have 32k hp come on) were the lowered variance time (to reduce tracking commitment, and time that mains are parked), and server repops!
Last edited by mrmop520; 03-05-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, Rogean didn't say it was intentional, he said it was written to show an example and subsequently left in as a mistake. This thread was an announcement that there were indeed variances change in place.
Fungi tunic gets accidentally broken? It is quickly acknowledged as a bug, "fixed pending update," and an update follows quickly.

Some weird code for anti-socking gets accidentally implemented? The fact that it is now live gets announced... and that's it.

You guys have got to understand why this thread is full of what it is instead of a bunch of players saying "np dude, things happen. we <3 p99."
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Kobold

I say increase variance as much as possible; from one hour to one month.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys have got to understand why this thread is full of what it is instead of a bunch of players saying "np dude, things happen. we <3 p99."
You are greedy. That's all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say increase variance as much as possible; from one hour to one month.
See? This guy gets it!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are greedy. That's all there is to it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-05-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Closed Thread