Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Translocator ideas
I support the idea of a zone wide shout indicating spawn of the translocator 27 13.99%
I'm opposed to an NPC shout, not classic, don't do it! 10 5.18%
Keep the translocators up full time, this is lame 107 55.44%
Have them up all the time but only port every 10-15 minutes. 19 9.84%
I like it the way it is, don't change. 25 12.95%
I have another idea! Post below. 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Orc

What will be the result of this poll?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

'What is the frigging difference?'

The difference is the ship ride itself, which is the entire point of having the ships. The present system emulates the bad (the waiting) while wholly eliminating the good (the ride). At the very best the TL wait makes for a poor substitute.

Danth
Old 01-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam65641 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, what you are saying about waiting on a boat yes. waiting on TL no. What is the frigging difference?.. The TL is on here to resemble the boat.
I'm saying that in 1999, 2000, 2001 etc if the boats were broken Sony/Verant put the TLers up 24/7.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Aviak

.. well.... i am depressed.. i miss my gnome mage...
Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Large Rat

Waiting on the boat/TLer is the classic experence. You sat on the dock forever then sat on the boat forever... At least the way it is now, you only have half the wait. Ive run to the docks in FP, TLer was there. landed in OOT, TLER was there... Took 2 quick zones and I was in BBM. This should be the exception, not the rule. The insta TLer is just plain lazy. The only issue I have is that evils traveling through OOT are dropped with a KOS Sister between them and the OOT TLer. At least with boats, we could hide from them on the far side of the boat, and didn't need an invis to get to the TLer.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting on the boat/TLer is the classic experence. You sat on the dock forever then sat on the boat forever... At least the way it is now, you only have half the wait. Ive run to the docks in FP, TLer was there. landed in OOT, TLER was there... Took 2 quick zones and I was in BBM. This should be the exception, not the rule. The insta TLer is just plain lazy. The only issue I have is that evils traveling through OOT are dropped with a KOS Sister between them and the OOT TLer. At least with boats, we could hide from them on the far side of the boat, and didn't need an invis to get to the TLer.
Again in classic on live, when the boats were broken you had TLers 24/7.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty nobody should be made to do nothing in a game for 20 minutes when most of us barely have the time to log in an hour or two a night.
here here!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again in classic on live, when the boats were broken you had TLers 24/7.
I've pointed this out before too. TLs on a time is NOT classic, 24/7 TLs when boat is broken is classic.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

The boats were part of the reason why the various languages were part of the game. Anyone else remember joining boat groups to learn various other languages during the rides? Made for fun RP.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Murphy

Though I don't really mind the TLers and their timers much, it's pretty harsh on dark races to pop up on sister island and be splattered, whereas i suppose on a boat they could have invised up or whatever before the trip and avoided them, but you can't TL without being uninvis.
Closed Thread