Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

I am on Hibernia so far as a bard named Cenro. I have other characters im considering but haven't picked out all I like. Trying Enchanter and a Hero as well. Might do a ranger.

I played Mid and Alb in classic and never Hibernia, so I decided id finally try the last. The nice thing about Hibernia is all the races get used, where midgard is all trolls lol
Old 02-14-2019, 12:27 AM
Banned

I just hit 50 about ten minutes ago.

Feels good
Old 02-14-2019, 12:58 AM
Banned

Sell me on what makes daoc fun? I tried a free emu server a while ago and was totally lost.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

I made a Hib NS. Relearning this fucking game. Who wants to give me some gold for endo pots? ;p In-game name = Masha.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sell me on what makes daoc fun? I tried a free emu server a while ago and was totally lost.
It's known for the RVR, but the PVE is also fun.

I usually play melee characters on games, and daoc has the best combat system imo. With combos and positioning, it's fun to play melee.

DAOC also has a ton of classes, so that's great if you're an altaholic.

But the RVR is where it shines. I tend to avoid PVP like the plague on games, but it's different on DAOC.

There's a lot of keep defense/attacking, so it always feels like some huge event.

You can make battering rams and then everyone can jump inside to move the ram, you can make catapults, which enemy rogues can sabotage.

Also rogues can climb castle walls, so if you like rogues, they are so awesome in this game.

Taking keeps gives bonuses to all players in your realm, so there's real incentive to do it.

There's also a PVE dungeon that you can unlock for your realm, but all realms can acess it, so if another realm captures it and you're inside, they can hunt you down. It's a really cool concept.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a mid, its middle pop realm

albs and hibs seem to win most zerg fights due to professional window drag mezzing

most servers mid is typically heavy on melee, this time I see more healers shamans and casters then anything else, melee is like 20% pop
Middle pop realm? Every day I check including right now Mid is usuallly 200+ more people. /serverinfo top 3 is almost always Skald/Shaman/Healer since I've checked. Forums seem to portray a different outcome with Mid zerging 24/7 lately generally running over everyone. Albs Herald numbers are absolutely abysmal and sad.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Which accurately reflects that Mid is NOT the middle populated realm. That number will sky rocket come NA primetime too.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

I loved Midgard, wish it was realistic to play both DAOC and P99. Was first 50 Shaman on my realm and 2nd 50 Spiritmaster. If I had to do it again though I'd play Supp RM or Healer though, both were OP in comparison
Old 02-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Banned

Supp SMs are needed everywhere because of the PBAOE bomber group trend.

But yeah, Mid is consistently the highest pop realm lately.

It used to be Hib in the beginning, when half the server was made up of Animists.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just gotta say, I only played classic DAOC for a very short time and remember nothing about it, but the bard class on that game is so much fun (just like EQ bard is a lot of fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The graphics are pretty nice for a classic server though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I got a Celtic bard on Phoenix now to match my P99 human bard ;D Its a great class, its a healer / CC master / support thing all in one. Lacks melee damage, but hell, im used to that.

I am on a break from P99 due to too much Guardian Robe insanity. Been farming for too many hours for nothing.