Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Back in the day on blue most of the big ban waves came from breaking the big dealers (Platlord) and rounding up all their customers.

The little guy (who is otherwise clean) and makes an RMT sale (to someone otherwise clean) one time is probably not going to be caught unless someone blabber mouths.

The Platlord style RMT on p99, sadly, however is very real...and folks do get banned. Frequently.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Banned

HAHAHA OH WOW SALT BAE AND THE SALTS DROPPING ARE BANS
HOLY LOL EPIC
WELL MEMED!!!
Old 07-10-2020, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But did you ban Eliashb for their earth staff RMTs?
Old 07-10-2020, 06:10 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But did you ban Eliashb for their earth staff RMTs?
If you have proof, bring it to the petition forum.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:13 PM
Banned

Old 07-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

It's literally called a *REAL* Money Transaction....
Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does someone's private criminal record have to do with this community?
I'm not trying to take this out of context or attack you. I don't know what happened in this instance, but I do think your criminal record matters. Many states have banned convicted child predators from playing online games, and Blizzard banned thousands of them from WoW for good reason. I actually happened to be playing on Moon Guard, and was a Guild Officer at the time when it was brought to my attention that a player in our guild was soliciting young boys. I googled his Skype name, and found out that it was the same URL as his facebook page. From there, I learned that this guy was a convicted pedophile.

Additionally, if you threaten to kill someone online, you can and will be arrested for it. Too many sociopaths have figured out how to use the internet to prey on people. In my experience if someone is hiding their identity, it's usually for good reason.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience if someone is hiding their identity, it's usually for good reason.
Safer to assume everyone online is a 40 year old male pervert con-artist. No one and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Or that they're simply figments of my imagination and not really worth actively interacting with anyways. That's the happier thought.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to take this out of context or attack you. I don't know what happened in this instance, but I do think your criminal record matters. Many states have banned convicted child predators from playing online games, and Blizzard banned thousands of them from WoW for good reason. I actually happened to be playing on Moon Guard, and was a Guild Officer at the time when it was brought to my attention that a player in our guild was soliciting young boys. I googled his Skype name, and found out that it was the same URL as his facebook page. From there, I learned that this guy was a convicted pedophile.

Additionally, if you threaten to kill someone online, you can and will be arrested for it. Too many sociopaths have figured out how to use the internet to prey on people. In my experience if someone is hiding their identity, it's usually for good reason.
Wow, what a hero.
Closed Thread