Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Okay. GMs shouldn't randomly lose factions, either.

Point remains you shouldn't be removing factions from mobs.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She's not a merchant. She's a cleric guildmaster. And not the only one in the area by any means.
She really... just needs to summon.

Would fix a lot.. heh
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

She does summon, you just have to knock off a couple percent of her ~1 million HP.

And the point that remains is that she's part of no quest, and a cleric guildmaster, with a vast assortment of them littering East and North Freeport. She could be completely removed with no consequence until a solution is decided upon.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She does summon, you just have to knock off a couple percent of her ~1 million HP.

And the point that remains is that she's part of no quest, and a cleric guildmaster, with a vast assortment of them littering East and North Freeport. She could be completely removed with no consequence until a solution is decided upon.
Can't the summon dynamic be changed to summon upon any agro at all?

Just an idea..
Old 07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Technically you could still create a chain, if you're creative enough to do so. Unless summoning mechanics is dictated per mob, that would also be difficult to implement. I don't know how the code works in this game but I would expect a single call to a summon script instead of it being written per mob. If you go about changing it you'd be changing the rest of the game.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Haha someone was training her just now... Cryus banned em instantly... When the police see it its a nice fix...

But I vote for the DT and perma root.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically you could still create a chain, if you're creative enough to do so. Unless summoning mechanics is dictated per mob, that would also be difficult to implement. I don't know how the code works in this game but I would expect a single call to a summon script instead of it being written per mob. If you go about changing it you'd be changing the rest of the game.
Yeah, the summoning might be a shared routine - that makes sense, of course.

But making a change to eliminate this issue can't really be said that it's "non-classic" - classic had a mechanic to mostly prevent this type of activity.

A cost to the person doing it - new account, new monthly sub..

As for now in classic - you'd be training yourself in EC, lol
Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Resolved
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (11.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, I'm not one of the sky-is-falling people. Yes, I've been personally affected by this and that biases me towards swift action. However, I would never support a change that altered the mechanics of the game overall. I would support a change that somehow corrected only this particular issue. Until then, as always, I'll remain vigilant. But I'm still going to get (rightfully) upset when someone purposely warps Rinna to me in my corner that I'm hiding in. That's just not part of the "classic" game I ever experienced, even for the last 5 months of this one.
Sure - I can entirely agree with everything you said here (with one exception below), and I certainly don't take issue with people getting upset over being trained. It's garbage - it's expected garbage, but it's garbage.

I do think trains are part of classic - even intentional ones. Not that they should be/have to be here strictly for that reason, but my experience was people did it all the time. Not nearly as blatant as they do at the EC tunnel, but it did happen commonly.

I guess in summary I just don't want to cut off the opportunity for a solution to come from the individual player or the player base. Maybe there isn't one. I hope not - I find most rewarding the goal of solving problems which most have deemed unsolvable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven.pierce.home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resolved
Not Resolved. Give him 15 minutes, and he will be back under another name.
Closed Thread