Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default hail

sup povar bros

i was Diggity Dep, a gnome mage in a wide variety of guilds from 1999-2005, the ones i remember the most are are Stoic and Seraphim's Vengeance, and I could have sworn I was even in triton for a week or two because I knew Giantt, Propa, and a couple others.

I rolled a gnome chanter named Diggity here but put him on the back burner due to never getting any groups. currently playing a dwarf cleric named Gerta, and soloing with my mage Speppo when I can't get any groups.

Shoot me a tell if you know me from back in the day, especially if you were part of hk12.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

I was Transaxtion of Povar, The biggest Bazzar trader from 2001-2005. I was a Member of Triton for about 30 minutes.

Zaar and I were pretty cool, before He invited me, he told me to say something funny.

So I said immediataly after joining " Finally my infiltration is complete)! " "All ur plat are belong to us" ( This was funny i 2004! )

I also had play characters in Da Basherz ( back in 1999 )

Seraphims Vengeance

And a few other guilds.
Quit to Play WoW

Played on Blackhand , Mage Named Silverdream ( name has been copied alot, guess I made an impression on folks I killed !) I was a PvP freak. Won blizzards first ever pvp contest for the server, I got a nifty black and purple tabbard that said " WoW" on it lol. After I got rank High warlord ( under the old ruleset ) I quit, and havnt played an MMO until p99

Been a blast playing an MMO again, and reliving classic EQ!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Holy Shit

I see a lot of you fucks I used to play with. I am the infamous Bragle, retainer of the Russian guildleader Manr. what the FUCK
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i remember the shit in hk12
Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

recreated Stoic in WoW on dragonblight for a few years until one day i got annoyed and gkicked everyone...then quit that game. been playing rift off and on since then. tried eq2 it sucked...nothing compares to PoP EQ. i would give anything to go back to that time
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by braglex06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recreated Stoic in WoW on dragonblight for a few years until one day i got annoyed and gkicked everyone...then quit that game. been playing rift off and on since then. tried eq2 it sucked...nothing compares to PoP EQ. i would give anything to go back to that time
http://www.eqmac.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not as easy as P99, but there are pretty detailed instructions on how to get it going if you look around.
  • EQMac is also known as the al'kabor server. It's a server that's timelocked in 2002 (planes of power).
  • It still has very classic mechanics, you can use the original models, etc. It is frequently consulted as a basis for making changes to this server.
  • It previously required a gold SOE subscription but is now free to play.
  • Mobs seem generally (and correctly) harder
  • There are no shared experience penalties
  • Chardok, PoH, PoF, etc have been revamped.
  • The community is slightly smaller, probably 300-400 on at a time average are the estimates i've seen
  • Raiding at the very high end is done via rotation, up through velious and some of luclin, there isn't enough people raiding to constitute anything of that nature
  • There is no variance other than the natural 6-12 hour variance that was actually classic on some mobs.
  • The community is significantly better on the whole than what i've seen here, probably due to the fact that it skews older.
  • Yesterday SOE announced a dedicated community relations manager for the server who will run monthly events.

I know quite a few of us will likely end up there after deciding that the current state of this server isn't sustainable as an outlet for recreation in many regards, but I've enjoyed my time on P99 immensely.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64802

You're welcome.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

for macs only? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by braglex06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for macs only? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, go through the thread in the second link i posted. There are instructions on how to get it to work on Windows.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Large Bat

Bumping for great justice.

Played Rhaiq, gnome necro from 00 to near the end of PoP.

Guilds: Sacrament, Riding Insanity, Rising Ascension. Had a brief stop in Unleashed and FU before calling it quits.

Now playing a gnome necro named Rhaiq. Level 21 and climbing (slowly). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Aviak

Don't see too many names I recognize but I played off and on from 99-08'. I was Rathkin a dwarf paladin. I was in LoLF for a little while and very briefly Firestormers and Final Empire. I spent the most time in Lore Keepers. I also played Bradaic a bard (think the new owner still plays him there) and Noprintz a shadowknight. Titanuk I see you're banned but maybe you're floating around on another username. I remember you (warrior right?) and I used to hang in the juggz channel. Doazic is my cousin and I used to hang with Xyros too.
Last edited by JerseyFresh609; 11-15-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Closed Thread