Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous Anonymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've become quite the disgruntled little forum troll, haven't you? SMH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disgruntled? What part of my post history seems disgruntled besides trying to sell that stupid Shield of Rainbow Hues I'm now giving to Bruize/Googin to do whatever they want with it. On the contrary, I feel quite liberated from the chains of the raid scene I once cared so much about. Give me 5 guesses and I could expose you based on how badass you think you are and your rule lawyery disposition. There's only a few from Taken that would act and talk the way you do. I'm honored you logged in to anonymously take a dig at me though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Is this a Taken Troll vs an Ex-Taken member? This is the way people treat each other in your guild?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a Taken Troll vs an Ex-Taken member? This is the way people treat each other in your guild?
Brah. Taken don't exist. You won't see me shit talk Taken ever. That guild is etched positively into my brain. Awakened is just Rampage without Hoku's leadership.

And I was beginning to warm up to you after your Jazz Fest thread in Off Topic I noticed the other day. OK, I lied. You won me over. Anybody who would travel a reasonable distance to NOLA for JF must be fairly chill IRL.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disgruntled? What part of my post history seems disgruntled besides trying to sell that stupid Shield of Rainbow Hues I'm now giving to Bruize/Googin to do whatever they want with it.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0
On the contrary, I feel quite liberated from the chains of the raid scene
this

One of the things that I'm not sure the staff understands is that literally no one actually enjoys the Project 1999 raid scene. Some people do it for the pixels, other people do it for their friends, other people do it because they are hypercompetitive (I was a bit of all 3) but no one does it for its own sake.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brah. Taken don't exist. You won't see me shit talk Taken ever. That guild is etched positively into my brain. Awakened is just Rampage without Hoku's leadership.

And I was beginning to warm up to you after your Jazz Fest thread in Off Topic I noticed the other day. OK, I lied. You won me over. Anybody who would travel a reasonable distance to NOLA for JF must be fairly chill IRL.
Saturday got rained out! No Stevie! Very disappointing to say the least. Glad I won you over! Let's do some Sham/Monk together! We can be pals!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

That was my 6th year a row btw. If anyone wants to know the scoop on the food or venues I am more than happy to talk about NOLA and the FESS
Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyynx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would seem it is time for the other side of this story .
History: Fountree –Lamented and his wife knew each other from live (13 ish years)
When Fountree asked Lamented to join the guild he knew well in advance that Lamented had toons in other guilds. However Lamented wanted a toon to play with his wife who was not into the raid scene and played independent from Lamented
The mighty Torpor incident of 2016:
During a raid (at which Csisu was the only shammy present that did not have a copy or torpor) the mighty torpor spell dropped. After the officer based loot councel hashed things over for an extended period of time. Shea announces that Csisu would indeed receive the spell on the condition she handed in her fungi. All other shammies who received torpor were never required to “buy” the spell from the spell from the guild.
Now to the fungi.
She had borrowed this fungi (from a person who left game) and it was not actually hers to hand in, however after feeling pressured to agree to this deal by several tells from Fountree she initially handed in the fungi. Her decision was based on the thought that she had began to saving for torpor and would continue to save and replace the fungi.
After sleeping on the idea (she did not mem Torpor) she decided that is was a bit of an assholeish move on Fountree’s part to make her be the only person who had to buy loot from raids.( SHE THEN RETURNED THIS COPY OF TORPOR.)
Two days Later (Unguilded at the time) Members of Paradigm tracked Fay at spawn. Not having the numbers to kill Fay they reached out to the friends they still had in Sea Bass. As a joint Raid, members of Bass and Pre Paradigm, killed Fay and the un- guilded members decided that they would allow Kordain to decide on loot as Bass had more members present than the initial five Paradigm members. Kordian who advocated for Csisu to have Torpor in the first place instantly decided it was the right decision to allow her to have this copy. At which point Sea Bass guild Bank received another 60 mage spell and a Drum if memory recalls. (Drum later flogged by Fountree after the disbanding of Bass Unknown to members.)
Sorry to skip back but now for the Tuesday nite in ToV that was the catalyst for the “break up of Bass” Fountree lost his shit as seen in his post and logs. Suspecting Lamented of “Spying” for Taken (which he knew that Lamented had toons in prior to his guilding him). As posted by a member previously in this post “Taken at the time raided every Tuesday and Thurs in TOV “ also Lamented had been attending raids in ToV for weeks and possibly months so this was nothing new to anyone but the short memory of Fountree. Despite several tells form members and officers in his guild to this fact Fountree booted Lamented. (Who owned and paid for the mumble server Bass was allowed to use openly) Lamented said fine and decided to reduce the mumble server back to its state of being free to use and only allowing 10 people at one time. This threw a kink into Fountree’s voice comms for his raid adding fuel to an already raging (although delusional) fire.
After four real life friends and two independent people decided that Fountree’s constant ranting and lack of leadership and people skills had reached a climax they de-guilded. It would seem six members leaving was enough to throw Fountree into a sense of hopelessness about his current rendition of Bass and he immediately disbanded the guild with no prior warning to members. He then told members to head to Forsaken. Several who are awesome people and not “Hard Core” raiders decided Forsaken wasn’t for them. Enter the formation of Paradigm Shift.
Fast forward to multiple occasions: Fountree has since left multiple guilds and is currently guildless. Since the break of Bass (the version after this incident)., Fountree has asked several times to Join Paradigm in tells to Officers and leaders. (Sorry no screen shots because we laughed it off). Then suddenly one nite (three or four days ago) Fountree jumps into our mumble channel, Apologizes for his past behaviour and asks to join Paradigm (And Fountree this is where you shot yourself in the foot because we had talked about allowing you to enter, given you had zero leadership capacity) After all this apology and begging to join he throws an insult toward Lamented (who still owns mumble server) Lamented kicked and banned him from the server. At which point Fountree sends a tell to Kordian explaining how it has become his life mission to do all he can to hurt Paradigm. (We got this screen shot) And he proceeds to send tells to members begging them to leave because we are such assholes (all those tells we read and posted on our boards and laughed at by all members). Here is a guy who posts publically how wonderful people in Bass were and then proceeds to call those very same people scumbags. Reference our guild recruit thread that he tried to play nice enemy and subvert while praising our team.
True our core and majority of members are former Bass they are an awesome group of folks it is unfortunate that we met under the narcissistic leadership of Fountree but hence our name we are making a Paradigm Shift to a low drama fun active guild.
Also let it be known that every member in Paradigm knows about this story
CLIFF NOTES : only one copy of torpor was kept by Csisu
Now for the nay sayers … I understand this is rants and flames and trolls will be trolls but as you read my post and try to determine its validity. Feel free to ask any member of our guild at any time if anything I have said here is false. There were twenty witnesses in mumble when Fountree asked to join us the night before his unrealistic and inflammatory posts upon denial.
Also Fountree thanks for all those super-secret strats (yet google is your friend) that you gave to long time raiders from live.. Without your vast knowledge we would probably not be able to handle ToV with 14 people as we do weekly and would be doing the awesome 40 people Kael arena raids that you lead daily.
Sorry Fountree you just can’t join us by your own doing.
Here is a guy who publically calls our members “good people” then gets butt hurt and rants and flames for days. Sorry to air our dirty laundry in a public forum but this will be Paradigms only post on this topic. For days we have ignored this silliness but it is time for us to tell our side and move forward. We truly hope Fountree finds a nice guild to call home but we are done with this.
To you sir, I say Good Day!
As a member of the guild at that time i have to say this is mostly bullshit. Who earned that spell more is not of my concern., but at the time of the incident there simply was no paradigm shift yet (Might have been Kordain's oneman guild at that time, but imo it was founded a few days later). Unfortunately i have to agree that there was a group of people in guild that was much more focused on personal profit that guild progression. There would prolly be no paradigm nowaday if it wasnt for Fountree's monthlong recruitement efforts to get a good core of players and now they shit on him... Well there is alot of very nice french expressions to describe people like this (no not baguette), for you english speakers i guess ill just use the term scumbags.

tlbr: It's RnF, still dont bullshit the facts
Old 05-13-2016, 05:48 AM
Aviak

Holding onto strong feelings of anger and resentment over this whole situation is something I hope some posters in this thread can eventually let go of, life is way too short and being so hung up on BS makes you unable to see the good things that are all around you.

Chevey
Old 05-13-2016, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

So there's people lying on the internet?
Old 05-13-2016, 08:37 AM
Kobold

I remortgaged my house for Torpor.

But then I left BDA so I had to give it back to the guild bank.

No I am in so much debt, my wife left me and took our kids.

All I have left is this internet forums persona.
Closed Thread