Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb rules need thoroughly dumb explanations for dumb people because it's all dumb.
^^^^
winnah winnah chickan dinnah
Old 01-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb rules need thoroughly dumb explanations for dumb people because it's all dumb.
Who are you saying is dumb? Everything? People? P99?

In P99 there are rules, as are in many other games. People get to hide behind an avatar on the internet and think they can act like monsters.

There's four universal principles related to establishing rule of law to maintain order in society.

1. Accountability
The government as well as private actors are accountable under the law.

2. Just Laws
The laws are clear, publicized, stable, and just; are applied evenly; and protect fundamental rights, including the security of persons and property and certain core human rights.

3. Open Government
The processes by which the laws are enacted, administered, and enforced are accessible, fair, and efficient.

4. Accessible & Impartial Dispute Resolution
Justice is delivered timely by competent, ethical, and independent representatives and neutrals who are accessible, have adequate resources, and reflect the makeup of the communities they serve.

Now I'm not saying anything about the server. Obviously open government is not a full option here and accessible and impartial dispute resolution can only come at an extreme cost that volunteers may be unwilling to expend.

However, accountability and clear rules are definitely something that I've heard many P99 players long for. In the real world we could eliminate a lot of regulation and law if people would just "not be assholes." However, I also recognize that good faith disputes often come up between parties - as a result of communication issues and misunderstanding not assholishness. On the other hand, there's things like human trafficking, slavery, genocide, murder, and rape in the world so it's pretty good that there are rules.

So what I'm saying is, a simple question relating to an act that appears on it's face to be a blatant violation of a raid rule isn't that unreasonable to me.

Oh wait sorry this is RNF. So, eat my ass?
Old 01-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never been happier that I stopped raiding on this server than I am right now.
I’d raid if they went no rules ToV and VP.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always a good comparison to bring up genocide when talking about lawyerquest pixels. You win!
It wasn't a comparison it was a simple reminder that humans are capable of doing evil things.

I didn't personally witness the Guardian kill but I can only assume the monster who did such a thing is out there in the world doing shit like this:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Aviak

Still wondering why A/A continues bashing each other in the forums. Threads like this are just masturbatory material for the RnF regulars who love a freshly stirred pot.

I'd like to think most members on both sides of A/A simply like to raid competitively and hold no ill will against the other side. I suppose complaining about ranting and flaming in the RnF forums is crazy, but based on so many RnF threads I understand why the common player sees both sides as the Server Bad Guys.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d raid if they went no rules ToV and VP.
This would be the fastest way to get A/A to come to terms on an agreement.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's mostly an elaborate ruse. You create the illusion of competition to prevent other guilds from entering the fray and then you silently exchange pixels with very little competition actually happening. You keep a few mobs FFA to keep everyone honest but that's about it.

Also I think there is a mentality from Awakened that they are superior to Aftermath and a mentality from Aftermath that they are the server underdogs who just keep winning. Reality is ex-TMO heavily influence both guilds and the 30 person core of raiders who have been fighting each other for years continues to be the same today as it was back then. Different guild tags, same bull sh!t
My lust for competing and bagging the dragons far exceeds my lust for pixels. I WANT more guilds competing. I'm glad to see CSG and paradigm shift among others stepping up their raiding! Rotation would be the death of fun in the raid scene.

No offense, but you sound like an outsider who has no clue as to the day-to-day membership of either guild. We are not some hive mind of greed and superiority. I suppose the constant drama in RnF may portray otherwise, but in truth we are (most of us) just a bunch of people who like to raid and compete.

I'd like to see competition where at the end of the cycle we shake hands and remain on friendly terms. I can't help but think people feeding into RnF does nothing but fan the flames of negativity.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirryDaKir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still wondering why A/A continues bashing each other in the forums. Threads like this are just masturbatory material for the RnF regulars who love a freshly stirred pot.

I'd like to think most members on both sides of A/A simply like to raid competitively and hold no ill will against the other side. I suppose complaining about ranting and flaming in the RnF forums is crazy, but based on so many RnF threads I understand why the common player sees both sides as the Server Bad Guys.
Yeap. I'm here just for the good feels postin and good feels team playin when in game.

p99 and eqmac should be treated as victory laps, at least that was my view when I started here.

Been meaning to make a good feels eq story thread, with enough wodka... mebbe this month.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

When the server staff make rules and the neck-beard lawyers start to read between the lines. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirryDaKir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My lust for competing and bagging the dragons far exceeds my lust for pixels. I WANT more guilds competing. I'm glad to see CSG and paradigm shift among others stepping up their raiding! Rotation would be the death of fun in the raid scene.

No offense, but you sound like an outsider who has no clue as to the day-to-day membership of either guild. We are not some hive mind of greed and superiority. I suppose the constant drama in RnF may portray otherwise, but in truth we are (most of us) just a bunch of people who like to raid and compete.
A) Everyone says that they don't care about pixels, but in truth everyone really cares about the pixels, you're no exception maybe you just don't realize it yet.

B) You shouldn't want more guilds competing, because more guilds = more petitions, and both A/A can't seem to log on for more than 30 minutes at a time without breaking some server rule.

and C) I was briefly in Awakened, you guys definitely think you're superior. During my short stay in the guild the common thought was that you were the best guild the server had ever seen (I shit you not people actually said this.). There are a few of you who like to compete, but the majority of your guild spent years crying about competition, until eventually most of the competition left and they seized the opportunity to become what they cried about for the previous years.

I still like plenty of people in Awakened but the idea that you guys want any kind of real competition is laughable, and the same could be said about Aftermath.
Closed Thread