Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Banned

just to clarify big nilborg the sow/jboot overwrite issue has been fixed for a long time, but in that same fix the earth pet seems to spam the root much too often and it seems to have no resist check what so ever.

Bolded part is what everyone is tweaking about
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level means nothing in pvp on this server. You could be 52 against a level 60s pet, or 60 against a level 52s pet, either way you are perma rooted at 74mr. Even at 150mr, you seldom resist it.
not true, i again resisted andis roots (including first cast) at lvl 52 (he being 60). learn to wear mr.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Send this man a pizza.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not true, i again resisted andis roots (including first cast) at lvl 52 (he being 60). learn to wear mr.
2/6 roots @ 204 MR level 54 CLR vs 60 DRU

shit was dum dog, and yeah 204 MR was wearing a fuck ton of resists
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed. Earth pets doesn't even cast root on people with sow or Jboots. But the second you remove the speed buff they cast it again like normal.
what in the..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Project Manager

Okay so I'm looking into the earth pet situation. Before I waste a lot of time in the wrong areas, a few questions:

When you say it is never resisted. Is it truly NEVER resisted? Or is it extremely rare to resist?

Does the root resist problem exist with both low level mage pets and high level ones? EarthElementalAttack (low) vs. EarthElementalStrike (kunark lvl).

Does the root frequency problem exist with both low level mage pets and high level ones? EarthElementalAttack (low) vs. EarthElementalStrike (kunark lvl).

Do these same problems exist for PVE encounters on the pvp server, or only for PVP?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

ive never tested pet root with more than 72 mr so its hard for me to say how bad it is but I have resisted pet root before. I think the problem is with the current resist system, it takes a lot more mr to resist root here. that paired with the freq. of how much root is spammed by earth pet makes for a really frustrating combo.

I think someone can easily post some logs with someone at 120 mr getting attacked by an earth pet to really see how broken it is.

i still think the only way to fix this is to adjust pvp root resist more in line with classic resists.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Project Manager

I'm really trying to look into this issue.

Anyone responding please try and answer my questions specifically. Speculation is okay, but I still need those questions answered without obfuscation. There is a big difference in something slightly working vs. never working. Scaling resists in that situation would do absolutely nothing.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Resist:
i think it's only the HIGH level pet - the level 57 earth pet that is doing this. i believe it is resistable? really just need a mage to test this............. but what mage is going to test this problem out so that you can nerf him?

it'd be nice if there was a test server so at least devs (and perhaps regular ppl?) could log in, #level 60, and test shit.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

i think another part of the problem is the root proc rate - 100 times per minute?
Closed Thread