Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-30-2023, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

My headcanon for the RP behind this story is your ranger went to CT for some kind of Mardis Gras party, got drank and picked a bunch of fights across the weekend.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-30-2023, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

If you got 4 or 5 levels solo in cazic you did great. It is certainly a frustrating zone until you get used to it.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:39 PM
Banned

Cool thing is some of those lizards don't have many hps. It's the heals thru walls that can really turn people off from the place and also the pathing like Troxx mentioned. Once past that though it's a unique setting imo worth checking out. Knowledge of the zone plays out later if you ever experience updated CT 2.0 on a server that gets that.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Any recommendations for 55 and beyond solo? I have gotten my ranger to 55 I would say 95% solo. Most recently dinged 55 in SolB at Bats and bugs. Beetles are okay to root/rot to like 75% and then melee. LDCs are real tough. I have been looking at the wiki/magelo and running through zones with tracking up looking for DBs that aren't HP gods.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Run riot in KC 55+, especially if you are kitted out with epics/haste click.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-03-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any recommendations for 55 and beyond solo? I have gotten my ranger to 55 I would say 95% solo. Most recently dinged 55 in SolB at Bats and bugs. Beetles are okay to root/rot to like 75% and then melee. LDCs are real tough. I have been looking at the wiki/magelo and running through zones with tracking up looking for DBs that aren't HP gods.
Unfortunately KC is your best option. Outdoors. You may be able to break the monotony that is solo ranger with a little duo / trio. Lots of people LFG there.

Just don't join that full group at LCY and get sucked into pulling for a bunch of half AFK shitters.

Are you using a Swarmcaller + Woodsman Staff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WL goos, then finish off in KC basement.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately KC is your best option. Outdoors. You may be able to break the monotony that is solo ranger with a little duo / trio. Lots of people LFG there.

Just don't join that full group at LCY and get sucked into pulling for a bunch of half AFK shitters.

Are you using a Swarmcaller + Woodsman Staff?
I have Swarmcaller + Swiftwind/Crafted Velium Warsword. I have been root/rot with arrows til 75% on mobs then meleeing. I am thinking maybe Solb is just the best option? I dread KC!
Old 10-03-2023, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WL goos, then finish off in KC basement.
Are goos viable? I thought they weren't worth it anymore with the changes to the goos they spawn.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:22 PM
Banned

Speaking of Goos. City of Mist stairs between 2nd floor and 3rd floor has three goos. Can take you to 60, but it slows down around 58. Ranger should be able to pull those three solo with harmony. Swarmcaller/Woodsman for slow should be able to take out the 3 goos every 22 min.