Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

How bout we just play classic everquest and take it slow and hail some NPCs while we wait for respawns? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OK I'm out lol
Old 10-16-2019, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every area is going to be insane! You will not be able to hide from it! You may as well just start what you originally wanted to start.
Yeah I get that, I'm not trying to pick an area with less population, just that the most min/max mindsets are going to gravitate heavily towards Qeynos and the surrounding zones. That's fine for people who are picking that path or hoping to race levels, but it might create a slightly different vibe than other zones without the overpowered questing rewards.

I was never that interested in starting Qeynos anyway. I'd also considered FP/Neriak/RV but there's going to be a fair amount of similar stuff going on. The good old crushbone belts and pads grind might seem downright quaint compared to the amount of quest spamming that will be taking place in RV and Qeynos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that you just said avoid the Qeynos hills path like the plague..
This was not an accident. ;P
Last edited by Fammaden; 10-16-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos Hills is not a good choice for increased spawns. There is to much there that is exploitable. Yes the it's the Surefall newbie yard but druids and rangers can and should go to NQ until 4 anyway.

Here's a list of exploitable things in the Qeynos Hills:
1. Rabid wolfs - quest Exp and PP
2. Rabid bears - quest Exp and PP
3. Putrid Skeletons - quest Exp and PP
4. Pyzjin - High value classic drop level 13 mob. Placeholder could be a level 25. but that's not a huge blocker
5. Hadden - High value classic drop level 28 mob. original spawn time is 6 hours this is brought down to around 1 hour with increased spawns.
6. Jagged Pine Crook. Increased spawns turn this into a decent exploitable cash farm.
7. Across all newbie yards with skeletons this is going to tank the bone chip market. And lets not forget that a couple bags of bone chips will get any new player to level 12 with the Kaladim quest.

A small group of dedicated players could drive the economy of the server into the ground for first month just hanging out in the Hills.

And lets not forget the 6 minute bard diet becomes the minute bard diet from levels 20 to 34. Possibly 12 to 34 as there are various reports of West Karana spawns being increased. Butcherblock dwarfs now are 1 minute spawns that are quad kiteable.

There are some zones that need increased spawns. Gfay, Toxx. But the fact is that most newbie zones are also high level xp spots for things like bard and guard killing. one could do bards to 34 in an insanely short time and then move to any of the guard spots. We'll have multiple 50's on the server within the first week.

I think the Devs have to assume that people are going to exploit this increased spawns. I think only way prevent the worst of the exploiting is to:
1. reduce it from 5x to 1.5 or 2x.
2. Removal of the bards, were their quests even classic launch?
3. Guard buff. All guards get summoning until increased spawns end.
4. auto kill some of the exploitable quest NPCs as they spawn until spawn rate normalizes. This sucks but might be needed. Yes some people will bank the drops but most of the items are not stack-able or lore.
5. Dynamic spawn rate increase. If a newbie zone gets to many people increase spawn rate to 2x/3x/4x/5x. depending on number of players. Say 30/60/90/120. as people level and move out of zones the spawns will normalize and make people not want to stay and exploit.

Just some thoughts

...how long, exactly, do you think the increased spawn rate will be in? Bard diet wont be available for a few months into the server start, and exploitable mobs can have their own timers turned up or down along with a zone global. Put your pitchfork down.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...how long, exactly, do you think the increased spawn rate will be in? Bard diet wont be available for a few months into the server start, and exploitable mobs can have their own timers turned up or down along with a zone global. Put your pitchfork down.
What is "bard diet?" Is that the MOBs on every single Necro guide to camp?
Old 10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

I thought those bard NPC's were in?

The other bard thing that I thought was out was the mail quest. I know that was a big target for powering through one to five for many people in Faydwer.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is "bard diet?" Is that the MOBs on every single Necro guide to camp?
More or less. Most, if not all, are part of the bard mail run quests, which were not in-game during launch. They have been removed from Green Beta as well. There is a bug post on it but I'm too lazy to go searching to link it.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else finding any reason they can to roll up a character that avoids the Qeynos path like the plague just to stay separated from the powergaming mindset?

I really didn't want to do the Faydwer newbie route YET AGAIN, but its starting to look mighty appealing compared to western Antonica. Troll/ogre is potentially good too.
I actually really wanted to go Qeynos area since I haven't done much lower leveling there, but I want to roll a High Elf. So I plan to hit like level 7 in Faydwer, head to Antonica to do some Orc camps and Befallen grouping. Then head west and do a bit of leveling in the Qeynos area from like 12-15 because there are a couple of quests/drops that I want to hit over there.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rabids are not on a 1 minute timer, they are 6 minutes plus. Do some testing first, it's what the Beta server is for. (Basically negating all other comments on someone's "FACT" post)
You're just late to the game, they were 80 seconds the first few days. I should know. I sat there and filled up 2 backpacks.

Rogean later did state those kinds of things would have conditions and have since been set to the normal timer. All is being fixed as they stated they would.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there's literally nothing to freak out about right now.
People talking about potential issues with something is not "freaking out." Stop using this language to imply that anybody who doesn't see it exactly how you do is automatically unreasonable.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More or less. Most, if not all, are part of the bard mail run quests, which were not in-game during launch. They have been removed from Green Beta as well. There is a bug post on it but I'm too lazy to go searching to link it.
To my knowledge, pretty much all of the 6 minute bard spawns referenced in that guide are not part of the mail quest (looking on the Wiki, it looks like only one of the 6 minute spawns has a mail quest in their Related Quests category). Unless the Wiki is wrong.

You're sure that those specific Bards from the guide (and not the other mail quest ones) are removed on Green Beta? For example, the Bard in Highkeep is a mail quest Bard, not a 6 minute Bard diet guide Bard.
Closed Thread