Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Kobold

While I support equality amongst genders this would be really hard to uphold in the current American justice system, as it would need to follow through with sentences on women for going awol / draft dodging.

This is the same system that consistently gives much harsher sentences to men for the same crimes and heavily advantages women in custody disputes/ commutes sentences for them.

That being said a draft and world war 3 sounds really bad for both male and female alike to me.
This is a global community that is heavily nuclearized and with the middle east having nations like Pakistan with water scarcity and nukes.

End the draft is my vote imo and if we are going to allow military subcontracting that it should be a one of a plethora of national jobs programs with training and great pay (Potential to get shot at should pay well... imo). (my preference but military subcontracting is a nasty beast with very little accountability which accountability is what I want)

Very welcome to input
Last edited by blindedsoul; 09-05-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Banned

Old 09-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedsoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the same system that consistently gives much harsher sentences to men for the same crimes and heavily advantages women in custody disputes/ commutes sentences for them.
True and true, although I've heard concessions made on past mistakes of granting custody to mothers who on paper were in a worse position than the dad but got custody solely due to their gender

This is anecdotal, but the system is trying to correct somewhat. I get stuck in the middle of custody disputes frequently when providing behavioral health services, with moms or dads (very obviously sometimes) coaching their kids on saying they are suicidal when they have to go to mom's/dad's or manipulating behavioral health services in order to make the kid look mentally unhealthy due to the other parent's influence. It's twisted shit, and we but more importantly the kid gets stuck in the middle. Anyway, long story short, based on anecdotal feedback it seems the courts are looking at custody disputes more objectively these days, at least the ones I am hearing about, and not being so biased by gender
Old 09-05-2021, 03:04 PM
Kobold

My g/f has a story of a family member (uncle or stl a father) he was in a custody dispute, the mother ran with the child across state lines 1k+ miles away and STILL got custody of the child.

She also contacted the family that was renting to the father and adamantly demanded they void their rental agreement mid contract to "make him look unstable and without a home"

The US custody system is sick

The woman took the child and fled the state and still got custody that would NEVER happen for a man
Old 09-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedsoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My g/f has a story of a family member (uncle or stl a father) he was in a custody dispute, the mother ran with the child across state lines 1k+ miles away and STILL got custody of the child.

She also contacted the family that was renting to the father and adamantly demanded they void their rental agreement mid contract to "make him look unstable and without a home"

The US custody system is sick

The woman took the child and fled the state and still got custody that would NEVER happen for a man
Plus parents are sick too. The things they will do to try to screw over the other parent sometimes has no limits. Even just constantly shit-talking the other parent can be really damaging to a kid. I have to tread carefully because it’s not my place, but I try to often make a suggestion that even though a parent knows the other parent is shit-talking them to their little kid, it’s best to try to be the bigger person and not fight fire with fire. That’s still the kids mom (or dad), and it’s not good for a 10 year old to hear every day that his mom is a lying whore, etc

The other way I see parents win custody disputes is to just be the cool parent, the friend parent, the parent that has no expectations or consequences. This works great for kids that are 13+ because past 13 the kid has a very large say in court as to where they go. And there is never going to be a 14 year old with the maturity to say “yknow what I really love about dad’s (or mom’s) is that they expect me to do chores and be responsible, and have appropriate consequences when I make bad choices”. Nope. Kids will always pick the path of least resistance, so if you want to win your custody dispute with your teen, be the cool parent, be the no rules parent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

If we had said fuck islamic law 20+ years ago and trained/armed the Afghani women instead of the thier cowardly husbands, they'd be giving the Taliban and the other radicals hell right now.

We should have given the women the guns and put their bitch-ass husbands in the burkas and sent them home to cook and clean.

It's not a wrestling match. Women belong in combat as much as any man. I'd argue women often have more to fight for too.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The feminists who started their movement would be ashamed of so many things
They fought so you could vote not show your butthole on OnlyFans
I laughed.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True and true, although I've heard concessions made on past mistakes of granting custody to mothers who on paper were in a worse position than the dad but got custody solely due to their gender

This is anecdotal, but the system is trying to correct somewhat. I get stuck in the middle of custody disputes frequently when providing behavioral health services, with moms or dads (very obviously sometimes) coaching their kids on saying they are suicidal when they have to go to mom's/dad's or manipulating behavioral health services in order to make the kid look mentally unhealthy due to the other parent's influence. It's twisted shit, and we but more importantly the kid gets stuck in the middle. Anyway, long story short, based on anecdotal feedback it seems the courts are looking at custody disputes more objectively these days, at least the ones I am hearing about, and not being so biased by gender

If neither parents responsible, and trust me neither are if they permit themselves to get into this scenario. It's time for both parents to lose custody and the child to go to a state academy where they enjoy a pogrom to enable better choice making than the parents.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Banned

nice afro samurai picture OP

man of culture
Old 09-05-2021, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man of culture
wwww笑い