Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

Run and msconfig, on the boot tab click "advanced options". Select number of processors and set it to 1. Reboot and try again.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Sarnak

Where do you download the free WinEQ2 Lite version? Ive looked on that site but all I see is the free trial. When you click that it starts a download but I'm led to believe that's the pay version.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Banned

http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads.php?p=wineq2

Is the free version.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

You can also try the fix I wrote. Check out link to my all in one installer in my signature. Just choose to do CPU fix if you don't want any other features.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Ok, I am running A Pentium Q6600 Quad Core and Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate, 8Gb ram and a GTX260 video card. Are all multi-processors causing problems?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I am running A Pentium Q6600 Quad Core and Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate, 8Gb ram and a GTX260 video card. Are all multi-processors causing problems?
ive had no issues with Intel ones. Only AMD ones. So if you arent experiencing issues with your Q6600 then dont worry about fixing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Just to throw this in:

Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU

8GB Ram

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
(had issues with making EMU modifications due to security protocols but just had to upgrade USER edit rights, lol)

Nvidia GTX 260
(Are we using only the old graphics?)

No play problems what-so-ever and the game appears very much like I remembered except maybe for pet being able to gain agro, nadda.
Last edited by casdegere; 03-03-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Has anyone with this issue tried turning of speedstepping in the BIOS? I know I used to do this when I would OC alot. Not sure if this is actually the problem or not.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerygma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to install WinEQ. When I right click the icon and go to preferences, this is all I get
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Siciliano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just downloaded WinEQ, but no games are listed to select in the toolbar. Their forums are pretty dead so I thought I would try my luck here. Thanks.
From: http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4739

Quote:
If you launched WinEQ 2 for the first time and it gave an error patching (-20), right click WinEQ 2 on the desktop and select Run as Administrator to allow it to patch.

If it is fully patched and does not list the game you're looking for, right click WinEQ 2 in the system tray and under Options select "Preferences...", then make sure that in the General settings for the game the option "Hide Context Menu" is not set to ON (having it ON will hide it from the WinEQ 2 menu)
Also for those inquiring as to where you get the Lite or free version, there is only one download and for both lite/free and pro. Your version is determined by the account (either free or paid) you must use to log in when starting the software.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok, so I had this issue when I first installed eq and got p99 going about 6 months ago. The game would slow WAY down at times then jump back to speed. After trying a bunch of the solutions I finally was able to fix the problem by making the start path for eq

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme"

After doing this and adjusting some display settings in game all was well and I have been playing bug free for the past several months. Now just within the last week im having the game speed issues again. As far as i know nothing has changed on my end. I though maybe kunark content was just more demanding, but it didnt start right with kunark. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this issue to re-surface I would love some help.

Draknor Darkscale <Harbingers Of Thule>
14 Necromancer