Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I said it in the other post, will say again here:

being blind as a barbarian was and is classic. being blind as a dark elf (for example) was not. In addition, being blind as a barbarian didn't affect the entire UI, it just affected what you could see in the zone.

Currently, the gamma affects all races, regardless of ultravision, infravision, etc and in addition, makes it so dark that one cannot see items in one's own inventory.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people were hacking in classic so we should allow that too right? quit being morons. p99 strives for classic mechanics. how the server run has nothing to do with that.
Hacking is cheating and was against the original rules. Boxing wasn't.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hacking is cheating and was against the original rules. Boxing wasn't.
You have to balance the boxing argument with the fact that accounts are free here and require no monthly fees so they survive forever.

Sharing accounts was against the rules though. Time for some bans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharing accounts was though. Time for some bans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. I've never shared my account either. Not even with Ninik when she woke me up at 3am for rogue epic mob pop in steamfont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I did the downloads but get this as my screen error code sp1 outdated?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

So these new changes are pretty shitty, guys.. Can't say i'm crazy about the way they were rolled out either. Tho i gotta say I like the idea of preventing the game from modifying the desktop's gamma settings, the implementation is pretty flawed atm. Also, mobs are way more resistant in general now... I dont think this is working as intended, or as it did in classic. I shouldnt have to malo even low level mobs to avoid getting chain resisted.
Last edited by Poeskas; 12-03-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Haven't logged in yet to see these changes with gamma. But Karsten is right. I remember ultravision and infravision being so cool because it actually colored/enhanced your whole view for better vision and immersion. Was important and looked cool.

Sounds like now, the spells are still just as worthless, but we get to run around jacking up our gamma via win eq in order to see.

If you can't actually emulate classic on this, the change should be reverted.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Gamma Again

Gamma is so bad that it is unplayable. Another odd thing is that now I can't get in at all, it pulls up one toon and leaves me at the selection screen with no way to enter world.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oddly enough, the only issue with the gamma for me is that the lights are too light and the darks are too dark. My human can wander around without a light source, but the second I approach a light source like a torch, the area around it is washed out and lighter than normal.

Windowed or not, my second screen (and my primary screen behind the window) stays at the same gamma level. And this is without WinEQ or EQW or any tools to lock the gamma, just plain vanilla Windows 8.1 and the EQLite version of the client files.

So, not a complaint, just a comment that it's not affecting everyone...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

I can't say that I am a fan of the gamma change, but I will say that this is *similar* to how it was on live.

Exceptions: Serpent sight etc seems broken, and my UI should not go dark with this change. Otherwise, the environmental darkness seems spot on. I remember being blind as hell on live, getting lost not far from the lifts in GFay because of the darkness, etc etc.

Darkness is pretty classic, there needs to be fixes to the serpent sight / UI issues though.
Closed Thread