Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that, but isn't burn out and high-end addiction a thing? Like, people answering every single batphone in the middle of the night because they want to keep building their DKP pool, if they don't get to this raid others will and then they will fall further behind. I know not everyone is like that, but I've seen a lot of 'keeping up with the jones' mentality, even in AG members.

I don't see how a mandatory break from tracking / racing / raiding is such a bad thing, I think it can make guilds stronger in the long run personally. Can be only a few times a month even when only some select crummy mobs are in window.
We have taken several mandatory breaks from raiding this year.

Phatez
Old 04-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have taken several mandatory breaks from raiding this year.

Phatez
10/10 self-aware burn... /thread
Old 04-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except were the ones that waited in lines. We both have the same opportunity, we just were more hungry and got there first. You just want to come driving up and go to the front...
There's that myth again, that this somehow entitles you to anything. The guys who log on later are just as worthy as you. It's the staff who set the rules that encourage this race to the bottom.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's that myth again, that this somehow entitles you to anything. The guys who log on later are just as worthy as you. It's the staff who set the rules that encourage this race to the bottom.
Don't get me wrong here, I think Detoxx is one of the biggest morans in this joint, but you're pretty out of touch with reality if you think that's how things are supposed to go. And you clearly don't know the definition of entitled. You're the one who thinks you're entitled to mobs and loot if you think you can simply login whenever you want and be granted stuff.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong here, I think Detoxx is one of the biggest morans in this joint, but you're pretty out of touch with reality if you think that's how things are supposed to go. And you clearly don't know the definition of entitled. You're the one who thinks you're entitled to mobs and loot if you think you can simply login whenever you want and be granted stuff.
Isn't this how it's supposed to go?:

"Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Velious expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience."

Is it entitlement to expect to find what is advertised on the front page? How are things supposed to go if not that and why do you get to decide?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't this how it's supposed to go?:

"Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Velious expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience."

Is it entitlement to expect to find what is advertised on the front page? How are things supposed to go if not that and why do you get to decide?
I don't generally waste my time arguing with idiots on the internet, especially when they play dumb, but I'm going to leave you with this. They're providing you with an as close as possible classic eq server. Nowhere in there does it say you're going to get free pixels because you have a job, wife, and kids that are more important to you than they are to these neckbeards. Generally speaking, the ones that sink the most time into a game are going to get the better rewards vs someone who doesn't. This goes for just about every game out there. Whether you believe this is how it should be or not is irrelevant. This is the reality of it.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't generally waste my time arguing with idiots on the internet, especially when they play dumb, but I'm going to leave you with this. They're providing you with an as close as possible classic eq server. Nowhere in there does it say you're going to get free pixels because you have a job, wife, and kids that are more important to you than they are to these neckbeards. Generally speaking, the ones that sink the most time into a game are going to get the better rewards vs someone who doesn't. This goes for just about every game out there. Whether you believe this is how it should be or not is irrelevant. This is the reality of it.
How much do you pay a month for your pixels if you aren't getting them for free?

Do you honestly think raiding here is as close as possible to raiding on classic?

Did the people who put hours upon hours into their characters on classic servers where the guilds rotated mobs not deserve their pixels, even though by all metrics they sunk every bit as much time as the next neckbeard who might not have got his pixels in a rotation?

Why is my opinion on how something should be irrelevant? The GMs said over and over again they'd honor any player made agreements. I play this game. So do lots of people. Their opinions matter too, especially when it comes to everyone playing nice together and making an optimal gaming experience.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much do you pay a month for your pixels if you aren't getting them for free?

Do you honestly think raiding here is as close as possible to raiding on classic?

Did the people who put hours upon hours into their characters on classic servers where the guilds rotated mobs not deserve their pixels, even though by all metrics they sunk every bit as much time as the next neckbeard who might not have got his pixels in a rotation?

Why is my opinion on how something should be irrelevant? The GMs said over and over again they'd honor any player made agreements. I play this game. So do lots of people. Their opinions matter too, especially when it comes to everyone playing nice together and making an optimal gaming experience.
Clearly the experience people had playing live differs depending on the server you played on. There were no rotations on Xev for example. There were 2 guilds on the top and they kept everything at the top to themselves until 2 expansions past for the most part. The top guilds were still raiding ToV when they were also raiding VT in luclin. It was only towards the end of luclin that anything resembling a player made agreement showed up. That agreement was whoever killed aary got all of ntov for 24 hours once everything respawned. The cock block for emp ssra for example was insane on xev. I think even during OOW i only ever saw one group outside of the top kill the cursed in ssra.

So actually yes, the raid scene on p99 where almost everything of worth is killed by the same 2 guilds is exactly like i remember in era content on live. I know for a fact harmonium never gave up a trak kill when they had people who needed teeth.

The fact that you think anyone's opinion, other than the people who manage and run the server, matter then you are clearly someone who should move to phinny.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a core group of players in this box who monopolize a great deal of content. They're the guys who see am all you can eat restaurant and completely take the piss, shoving food down their shirts on the way out the door.

It takes the server staff to smack some human decency these people. They'll just use and abuse for as long as they can get away with it otherwise.
pigs at the trough is pretty accurate characterization of the blue raid scene
Old 04-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you think anyone's opinion, other than the people who manage and run the server, matter then you are clearly someone who should move to phinny.
It's apparent to me that the opinions of the players do matter, otherwise there wouldn't currently be a GM cleaning up Red and asking everyone to give it another try and change their opinion of it.

If everyone who would prefer rotations just up and left for Phinny, you'd be playing on a server as dead as Red and the GMs would be doing what they can to encourage people to try P99.

Blue's population is only what it is because of the 1-59 game. At 60, most sane people either start over on an alt or find something else to play.
Closed Thread